Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

May 22 12 11:33 PM

Tags : :

Arthritis drug shown to have anti-protoza effect -  Auranofin is a safe and widely available drug that shows 10x the killing power of Metrodiazole (Flagyl) and shows effectiveness against e histolytica.  

A cheap off-patent drug that is commonly used for arthritis could be a wonder treatment for amoebic parasites that infect 50 million people each year, 70,000 of them fatally, a study on Sunday said.

Researchers in California found that auranofin, an oral therapy for arthritis that has been around since 1985, is highly effective against the parasite Entamoeba histolytica.
http://news.yahoo.com/old-drug-arthritis-effective-against-killer-parasites-172038863.html%3b_ylt=Aoo5kEsFYfHM9xem1NGBqM2s0NUE%3b_ylu=X3oDMTRhdmxibDRzBG1pdANTZWN0aW9uTGlzdCBGUCBIZWFsdGgEcGtnAzk3NGYwNDUwLTlhMjUtMzg5Yy1hYWQxLTQxM2M0NTc1YzIyZgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFTZWN0aW9uTGlzdFRlbXAEdmVyAzdiNzJiZTUwLWEyYTAtMTFlMS1iNzdkLTMwMzVlODIyZTE5OA--%3b_ylg=X3oDMTFlamZvM2ZlBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-%3b_ylv=3

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

May 27 12 8:33 AM

I this worth knowing abiout this med>
https://blackboxrx.com/app/display/341

Auranofin
  • Auranofin contains gold and, like other gold containing drugs, can cause gold toxicity, signs of which include: fall in hemoglobin, leukopenia below 4,000 WBC/cu mm, granulocytes below 1,500/cu mm, decrease in platelets below 150,000/cu mm, proteinuria, hematuria, pruritus, rash, stomatitis, or persistent diarrhea.
  • Therefore, the results of recommended laboratory work (See Precautions) should be reviewed before writing each prescription.
  • Like other gold preparations, auranofin is only indicated for use in selected patients with active rheumatoid arthritis.
  • Physicians planning to use auranofin should be experienced with chrysotherapy and should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the toxicity and benefits of auranofin.
  • In addition, the following precautions should be routinely employed: 1)The possibility of adverse reactions should be explained to patients before starting therapy. 2) Patients should be advised to report promptly any symptoms suggesting toxicity (See PRECAUTIONS-Information for Patients)

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 27 12 4:48 PM

Thanks Westernlil - and yes, it appears there are a few side effects.  However, most patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis take Auranofin for months if not years. 

For parasite treatment, we may be talking days or a week at most.  So, side effects should be kept to a minimum.

Importantly - according to the research: "Auranofin works by targeting an enzyme that protects the parasite from oxygen, to which it is highly sensitive".

This may be the key to how parasites/protozoa evade the immune system.  Shut down the enzyme and you allow the immune system to clear the bug.

This could be a huge breakthrough - and warrants follow up.

Available for many parts of the world (but not my country Australia) here:
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/customer/search.php?substring=ridaura

Also:
http://www.4nrx.com/arthritis/ridaura-auranofin.html

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 29 12 7:44 PM

Here is the Abstract. Still waiting to see if I can get a copy without buying. I am not sure about legalities of posting it if I do. I will check on that.
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nm.2758.html#/access

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 31 12 4:44 AM

my appointment date was scheduled for the 4th of June, I called to confirm yesterday and oddly the receptionist said there was no appointment for me on that date, or any other future date. He said Cahill would be out of town for that week. I was shocked because I spend a lot of time deciding which appt to take that week since he gave me time slots that were not booked and I needed to make arrangements based on the available appts. I had spoke with this man three separate times on separate days. Very weird. 

I now have to refigure out my schedule so that I can book another appointment. I will probably go the second or third week of June. 

So heads up if you make an appointment confirm before you go. 

Brian did your girlfriend go see Cahill yet?

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 31 12 7:22 AM

Ok. I have Morgellons Disease and there is no known pathogen as of yet. In fact, the research papers to prove it is a real disease have just come out at the Morgellons Conference in Austin, TX.

Being that I do not know if there is a parasite involved for sure, does anyone think it would be a prudent decision to give it a try anyway?  I have tried antibiotics and antifungals via a Dr. script but to no avail.  Also, a Morgellons symptom is the biofilm that grows on the skin and covers an entire body. I have been using an enzyme spray to keep this to a minimum. I have removed much with it and I have to think that it keeps comign back so it is not killing the oathogen involved.

Any thoughts? I'm open to anything.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 31 12 9:37 AM

Ok, that sounds a bit discouraging.  Can you tell me how long it takes to get an appointment (assuming they put it on the books)? 

Regarding treatment, perhaps you could take a copy of the study and discuss it with Dr. Cahill.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 31 12 2:44 PM

My girlfriend is going the second week of June. 

I've seen Dr. Cahill twice and have never had an issue getting an appointment.  In fact, I called on a Thursday and he was able to see me the following Monday.

iloveisabelle - make sure you ask for / speak with Joan when making an appointment.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#15 [url]

May 31 12 10:36 PM

Ok. I have Morgellons Disease and there is no known pathogen as of yet. In fact, the research papers to prove it is a real disease have just come out at the Morgellons Conference in Austin, TX.
Being that I do not know if there is a parasite involved for sure, does anyone think it would be a prudent decision to give it a try anyway?  I have tried antibiotics and antifungals via a Dr. script but to no avail.  Also, a Morgellons symptom is the biofilm that grows on the skin and covers an entire body. I have been using an enzyme spray to keep this to a minimum. I have removed much with it and I have to think that it keeps comign back so it is not killing the oathogen involved.
Any thoughts? I'm open to anything.

-westernlil

check your inbox at the top right of this page.  

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 1 12 6:05 AM

Thanks Brian,

I spoke with Joan yesterday,  my new appointment is for the 11th. She did say they were pretty wide open. Im confused with the other person I spoke with although he was very nice.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help