Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 4 15 8:50 AM

Thanks fanatic.

Those mineral wheels are very interesting! I'm very new to this 'electrolytes-in-humans' topic. As I understood it, testing for deficiency and (maybe also toxicity?) is hard to do, as blood values often do not reflect the physiologic condition well enough. You said you have worked a lot with tissue samples. So hair is the tissue you have been working with? Would it also be possible to test for other minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium etc. in the hair or any other tissue? And would it yield better results? I guess it would be rather unpleasant if it's not hair that's used for the analyses... Can you give some advice on that?

The calcium I use as a substitute is complemented with vitamin D and I've been spending some time in the sun to synthesize more.. But nevertheless I should get it checked. Because my restlessness problems weren't improving so well, I have tried to use potassium lately but it brought back sleeping problems. My skin was itching, too. So I stopped it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#22 [url]

Sep 7 15 12:52 AM

Hair sampling is best since it is accessible and economical to do. Yes the tests look at many minerals including macro and micro as well as toxic minerals. I happen to be a big fan of Trace Elements since there are a number of advantages such as practical supplementation and diet advice, possible explanations for the poor values (if present) and endocrine status based on the tissue reports. Did you mention magnesium supplementation?

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Sep 7 15 3:08 PM

I also supplemented magnesium, yes... but not as much as potassium. Is there any particular reason for your question?

I will get my electrolytes tested again this week. I hope to know more afterwards. I've spoken to two doctors in the meanwhile. They both say a complete blood count should give satisfying results. So I'll wait and see.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#24 [url]

Sep 12 15 4:30 AM

Serum testing of electrolytes may be of little help - yes it can pick up serum levels but this does not reflect mineral stores which many think is more important. For example magnesium may show up as normal in serum but tissue levels can be depleted. Magnesium plays a key role in many enzymatic functions and influences many other things. High or low levels of any electrolyte will influence others. 

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Sep 30 15 10:09 PM

The results are out. The test I was talking of does not test the eletrolytes inside the blood serum. But it is some kind of whole blood mineral test.. Don't know how to call it because I'm not from the US or UK. It measures the intracellular concentration of varius elements (Na, K, Ca, Mg, Cu, Fe, Zn, P, Pb, Li) in the erythrocytes... Interestingly the values for Na, Ca and Cu were low while K, Mg, Fe and Zn was high. The other values seemed to be too high. I find it a bit weird that Na was is low because I took a lot of it due to the protocol. It looks like a counter reaction to me.. K and Mg might be high because I supplemented them earlier. I also took extra Zn to boost the immune system.

I have been continously supplementing Ca since my last post and my symptoms improved. Unfortunately, this week I had some salty chips/crips and in the evening after that I was awake until 3:30 am...  And tonight I woke up at 4 am. I feel my body is to active. Was it the Na causing a problem? I wonder if my body is overreacting, bein intolerant to Na. I will continue taking Ca.

I a kind of get the feeling that this whole salt vitamin C thing (lymphotos) has been placed in the internet to make desperate lymies do self-trials with that therapy. Maybe the author is a lymie or somebody who wishes to be able to treat lyme... runing experiments. Whatever... I'm really annoyed by my malfunctioning body.

Sorry, for confusing your name with fanatic earlier, lineup.

Last Edited By: Foggy Oct 1 15 5:14 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#26 [url]

Oct 6 15 8:23 PM

My thinking would be the adrenals are in exhaustion stage - in this stage there is an increased need for sodium (na). Adrenals become more taxed due to infections so they become tired. So sodium becomes depleted since the adrenals control electrolytes via the mineralcorticoids. So all electroyltes become imbalanced (na, mg, k, ca).  I wonder if the issue with the salty snacks were more due to an immune reaction rather than the salt. I see heightened senstivity to foods with these infections since the immune responses are skewed. GMO foods cause problems for me as do modified foods (processed foods). 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Dec 8 15 12:59 AM

Hello Tryza... please, don't try this treatment. It's dangerous.. believe me! I am still suffering the same symptoms althoug I have been supplementing Ca and Cu, too. And my Cu, Na stays at a low level while my K is still high. That at least was still the situation some weeks ago and it still feels the same. Don't try this, you will get more problems. If you have lyme, there are other treatments that are less dangerous and that I have made advances with during the last months. If you are interested, I can let you know..

I'm going to see a nephrologist tomorrow. I hope he can get some insights... Lineup, I will suggest him what you said about the adrenals. How, would you check if adrenals are exhausted?

Does anybody have experience with the problems I'm having?

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#29 [url]

Dec 8 15 10:58 PM

Remember that minerals interact with each other. It is best to do mineral testing for guidance. 

MAGNESIUM - CALCIUM - POTASSIUM - SODIUM - CHLORIDE

These are the primary interactions and there can be secondary interactions which involve other minerals. 

So if you are supplementing with sodium and seeing problems then check the others for low levels, I would suspect potassium issues. 

Last Edited By: linenup Dec 8 15 11:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#30 [url]

Dec 8 15 11:07 PM

How, would you check if adrenals are exhausted?

You can look up orthostatic hypotension - there is a simple test you can do at home if you have a blood pressure monitor.

With chronic infections then you can be pretty well assured that the adrenals are exhausted. Typically viral infections create a slowing down of the system including adrenals so they actually become underactive but still could be tired. With bacterial/protozoa etc infections then the adrenals become overstimulated and exhausted very easily. Humoral immunity (aka Th2) is stimulated with these infections (bacterial/protozoa) and part of this immune response involves upping the adrenal activity.

Mineral testing can also give a window of adrenal status. They look at sodium/potassium levels to determine adrenal status.

With adrenal exhaustion then you find all kinds of issues things like energy swings (both physical and mental), inability to handle stress, cold extremities, low metabolic rate, lowered immunity etc..

Last Edited By: linenup Dec 9 15 12:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#31 [url]

Dec 9 15 12:41 AM

I resolved my severe adrenal issues quite some time ago. I followed Adelle Davis' recommendations - here is my blog post http://patrickrambling-pb.blogspot.com/2012/02/adrenal-fatigue.html

*please consider the material to be educational and should be shared with your healthcare provider.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help