Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

Jan 30 12 1:21 AM

Tags : :

Somebody pointed out to me that the original post I made about the LX protocol is heavy reading and I agree. Unfortunately as time has moved on and the more I learn, the more entailed it has become.  

Here is a simple explanation:

1/  About 70% of organisms form biofilms.  A biofilm environment is a protected colony of organisms that the immune system or antibiotics cannot reach.  By breaking up the biofilm, the organisms can be taken down. 

2/  We use 100% Lactoferrin from either Symbiotics or Jarrow and this must be 100% and not the standard lactoferrin found in colostrum products.   

3/  We use Xylitol at about 1-2 teaspoons.   These can be taken together and are taken on an empty stomach.  

4/  Start with one dosage of each (250mg of Lacto & 1-2 teaspoons of Xylitol)  per day.  It is not advised to take anti-microbials at this time.  

5/ Die off could occur within 5 to 10 days and it is best to stop the therapy then resume once you are back on track.  Continue until the die off cycles stop.  This could be up to 5 die off sessions.  

6/  Some people have reported that xylitol may have an adverse effect with the idea that some bacteria can metabolize it.  Trying the protocol with just lactoferrin or lactoferrin/xylitol should give the answer to that.  Note that it is difficult sometimes to differentiate between die off (Herxheimer) and situations where the immune system could be activated (e.g. xylitol is feeding the infection).  

7/  Many organisms are MDR (multiple drug resistant).  Many reports have come back that the LX protocol worked but did not resolve the infection.   MDR infections typically resist anti-microbials via the efflux pump mechanism.  Medical science has shown there is a refractory period in which a 4-7 day window exists of sensitivity.   The thought behind this is that if an organism is sensitive to an antimicrobial, die off will begin with that window.   If progress does not continue after this period, there is a good chance that the organism is MDR.    With MDR organisms, continuing the medication will no longer work since the organisms are coded with DNA to sniff out the medication and begin to deploy their efflux pumps to literally pump out the meds from the cells, thus rendering them ineffective. 

Using natural substances such as Goldenseal Leaf (not root) has been shown to stop efflux pump activity, there are a number of other herbals that can achieve this.  I have some of them listed in the MDR/Efflux pump category.   It is best to use cycling or pulsing of antimicrobials to restrict MDR activity.   

Please read this person's account of how he eradicated a stubborn infection using biofilm eradication and cycling.  http://pptu.lefora.com/2013/06/17/everything-that-worked-and-didnt/#post0

You can add anti microbials at some point and remember that the LX will potentize the anti microbials.  Please refer to the more complex protocol information here >>> http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/11/22/lactoferrin-xylitol-protocol/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 18 12 5:41 AM

I have read the original and then the simplified and the Xylitol is written as 1-2 T. on one and 1-2 t. on the other.  Which is the correct amount?  thanks!

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#3 [url]

Apr 18 12 10:46 PM

lmac:  Welcome -  thanks for bringing that to my attention - I changed the longer format to teaspoons - this is approximate since we have no real guidelines to structure from.   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jul 26 12 4:04 PM

Thank linenup for the great posts. Wondering if you have used or would recommend a product from Klaire Labs called Interfase or Interfase Plus (includes EDTA). I saw a protocol that included everything you have suggested plus this product. It appears to be an enzyme product designed specifically to target pathogenic biofilms.
I have seen some comments from people that have had really bad reactions--obviously not very well managed die-off. What are your thoughts about the addition of this type of product (and EDTA for that matter).

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 26 12 6:44 PM

The interfase product was recommended to me too, as a part of a stomach cleanse to get rid of the helicobacter. I was thinking about taking it, but I was put off since it also has other peptidases. 
If my pain comes from an ulcer, the last thing I want to take is something that cuts proteins in general. 
Still in doubt, though. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 29 12 3:24 PM

Update: 
I have been using lactoferrin and serrapeptidase for 4 days now and my gut feels no different than usual. I can now conclude that the horrible pains I got from this protocoll is actually caused by xylitol, at least for me. 
I have seen some people saying that xylitol is readily taken up by bacteria, which is why patients with SIBO should stay away from Xylitol. 
I guess, not only SIBO bacteria feed on xylitol, but also helicobacter...else I cannot explain the fact that everytime I used sweetener, my pain increased. Damn, no sweets for me at all, not even gum. 
At least I have found this part of the puzzle. 
BTW, the lactoferrin and the serrapeptidase alone seem to work a tad, I pass much more flecks of mucus now, even though my main problem is not gone yet. Still have no meds against the helicobacter, grr. See ya. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help