Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 6 12 8:47 AM

Tags : :

Would it be of any good to do a week trial of rifaximin for loose stools? Could this be of any benefit? could this cause further problems or resistance. I would appreciate all opinions from those who have researched rifaximin or those who have tried it. 

I know its not a surefire solution but could it be for some people? 

I am looking for a solution to my loose stools because I need to get rid of the insomnia that appeared with it. I am going crazy from lack of sleep.

thanks all!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#1 [url]

Jan 6 12 11:12 AM

Rifaximin was developed to treat traveller's diarrhea which is a loose diagnosis, is this bacterial or protozoa?  Anyhow it stays in the gastrointestinal tract and appears to be safe.  I took it for a week or so and there is talk on badbugs.org that people have gotten rid of blasto using this with Flagyl.   

Concerning insomnia, did you try the calcium/magnesium - chelated calcium works best for me.  

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 6 12 3:27 PM

thanks for your response lineup. I did try the magnesium and calcium. I havent tried a chelated calcium yet because I have symptoms of low calcium that clear up on calcium citrate so I assumed I was absorbing it properly.  

I did recently discovered I sleep better with magnesium only at night and calcium in the morning. I tried this after you mentioned magnesium so I must say a hearty thank you for mentioning the magnesium. I have taken it for ten years but always with calcium and havent thought to try out different ratios. 

Is there a chelated calcium that you recommend?

I know my insomnia stems from low blood sugar because if I eat a giant high fat meal before bed I sleep the night through. I feel that ever since the antibiotics that started my loose stools (ten years ago) and hypoglycemia is reducing my ability to absorb the nutrients to manage blood sugar and keep glucose regulated through the night. I have tried so many nutrients for this but thus far nothing has worked. I was hoping that the rifaxinmin would kill off some of whatever is keeping me from absorbing nutrition and get my sleep back on track. I read about someone who had small bowel overgrowth and insomnia and it helped the insomnia quite a bit. 

thanks again

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jan 7 12 1:20 AM

Any chelate works fine for me -  I tried another form of calcium and the insomnia was very bad - switched back to chelate and worked great -  minerals in different forms can have different effects (e.g. glycinate, taurinate, chelate etc) 

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 9 12 1:18 PM

Hi Ilove,
I have bad insomnia too. It was at an all time high when I was pregnant & then after I had my baby it was still horrible. I found something that worked -The product is called ER 911 here is the link-
http://www.netmindbody.com/for-practitioners/homeopathic-remedy-support
I had some left over from a nutritionist who tried to help me with my Blasto issues & was so desperate- just tried it for sleep & could not believe how well it worked.

I started sleeping again on my own after the CDD combo in May but the insomnia has recently come back. I am now taking melatonin. I ran out of the my miracle er 911 but really need to order it myself. The only thing is, I believe they make you go through a practitioner who practices Net. There is a whole list of them. I contacted someone in Bergen County NJ(Teaneck) who said she would sell it to me. I just haven't had the time to drive there to pick it up. This really did wonders for my sleep. Sometimes even the ambien did not work (I had a low dose)- but this did. Thanks for reminding me- I really need to get it for myself again & soon!! Someone mentioned to me that melatonin can be bad because then your body will always need it & not make the hormone on its own-? I don't know how true that is. I'm confident after we clear the E His - we will both sleep again! I was having the most amazing sleep after those Meds so I'm confident when this is gone it will improve again.

As far as the Rifaximin- I took it and it didn't do anything for me. At the time, I was more constipated. Now I'm loose & go a lot. My gastro gave it to me for IBS (bloating). It did nothing.

Magnesium Chelate (Designs by Health) excellent brand. That helped me with sleep- but it also helped me with constipation so maybe thats not a good choice for you. It can definitely cause diarrhea, loose stools.

If you are desperate to sleep & I can relate- I would get Melatonin for the time being. I'm using GNC brand- level 1 & 3 work for me. I recently tried a higher dose from Nature Bounty & it didn't work-?

hope this helps.
Best,
JLynne

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help