Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#21 [url]

Dec 31 11 12:51 AM

From what we know about biofilms is that they tend to form primarily in certain tissues like gastrointestinal and sinus  but in reviewing information on lyme disease which is caused by a spirochete bacterium it can form biofilms outside of the above areas, so I would presume that morgellons could well be biofilm based.   So far the feedback about the lx combination is for people with gi infections, so this may be quite different experience than say a morgellon's biofilm.   Here is an explanation of Herxheimer  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herxheimer_reaction

Dieoff may range from 5 days to 15 days, so be a little patient.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Jan 12 12 5:42 AM

I received my XClear Nasal Spray yesterday so I am going to begin using it today. I will keep you posted on its' affects onn my nasal passage ways. I know I have issue with them.  The XClear contains Xylitol but is also contains GSE which too may be of help.

Hers is the link from the Dr. about XClear:
http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/936

I am going to follow the 5 x a day proto.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 1 12 7:14 AM

linenup, when raising the dasage would one take 250 mg of L 2 x day and the same with 1 T of X. or would it all be taken in 1 dose?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#25 [url]

Feb 1 12 9:37 PM

I take/took in divided doses.  I am not sure what to think of your clotting issue, perhaps caused by stress on the body from the infection.  You will have to check with your doctor about taking vitamin E or Vitamin B6 which can stop the clotting, but taking it with a blood thinner may be contraindicated. 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Feb 12 13 8:19 PM

I have been intending to start on the LX protocol (I was waiting for my order of Jarrow Lactoferrin to come in), but I have some questions.

I've read over the protocol a few times, and I didn't see what the purpose of the xylitol is. I have some in any case (make sure to get the real stuff that is from birch). What role does it play here?

Also, while researching lactoferrin and biofilms, I came across this disheartening piece of information:
"However, the team also found that lactoferrin did not break down existing biofilms. "This means it would have to be used early in infections, before biofilms form," says Singh."
From here.
It seems like it would be beneficial in preventing a new infection from taking hold, but not in disintegrating existing biofilms.

From all of the bloodwork that I had done, one of the things that I found out is that I have low ferritin levels, despite eating a diet high in beef, liver, eggs, shellfish, spinach, etc. I've done a lot of research on the role that lactoferrin plays, and it seems that, for most people, it causes their ferritin levels to decrease, which means that it's not a good option for me.

Have been dealing with a chronic distended abdomen among other symptoms for the last year and a half. Got the PPTU diagnosis from Metametrix. Looking for answers.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Feb 12 13 10:07 PM

Lactoferrin has properties against protozoa ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2626156/ )

the xylitol combination came from Dr. Randy Wolcott's work in which he uses lactoferrin with xylitol and antibiotics.   The biofilm activity with the parasites is sort of open ended although there were some people who got some relief.   I would check with  you doctor about the ferritin levels.  

I think it is worth a try assuming it will not cause you problems with the ferritin, you could try caprylic acid in the meantime and I am not sure where you are with further testing. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help