Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 5 11 10:15 AM

Tags : :

It has been awhile since i posted but i have been on a mission to get answers. I recently found a doctor in Pittsburgh pa Dr Lauren Loya M.D. who specializes in Chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyagia, Gulf war syndrome hormone issues chronic digestive issues. After looking at this health issue from a  compleat perspective and reading a book called {from fatigued to fantastic} recommended by the doctor i am starting to believe that maybe the parasites are not the main cause of the problem just part of it. I am not sure if the parasites start the problem or if  i was weak which gave the parasites the ability to move in. I truly believe the approach to treat everything at the same time has some merit.

At my first visit i met the doctor and she went over the paper work they sent me to fill out. She ordered about 28 blood tests and I got my first IV. With in a few days I felt a bit better and i felt like finally I found someone who knows what is going on. I am just at the beginning of this process but i will say i am cautiously optimistic. Had a 2nd IV 2 weeks later felt better. On second doctors appointment about 4 weeks from my first appointment had 3rd IV and we went over the blood work. She also started me on a few things  bio identical T4/T3 thyroid hormone and 3mg Low Dose Naltrexone also a few pharmaceutical grade supplements. The Naltrexone is on its way from IRMAT Pharmacy so will be starting that in the next few days not all compounding pharmacy's are created equal in my research IRMAT has a good reputation and were the first to compound the Naltrexone  . We have started on a treatment protocol that covers all aspects of the issues i have been dealing with.  A) Nutrition B) Digestive issues C) Immune dysfunction D) Hormonal imbalances  In the discussion we did talk about treating the parasites after we build my body's strength back up. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks Brian      

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 6 11 7:59 PM

Thank you for posting and sharing your insights. I have been wondering about these very same things as I also have issues other than parasites (hormonal, nutritional, immune, toxins etc.) that are as much a part of the overall picture as the pathogens. I have come to the conclusion that all of these things need to be addressed comprehensively before I will be successful in eradicating the parasites. Even though I have taken several courses of antibiotics, these other issues remain (as well as the parasites) and my body and immune system have become weaker because of the drugs. Would you mind telling us what was in the IVs you received? Were they nutritional or pharmaceutical? I look forward to hearing about your progress and any other breakthroughs you make with Dr. Loya. Wishing you the best for a full and healthy recovery.

Quote    Reply   

jp

superstar

#2 [url]

Oct 6 11 8:51 PM

Yes! Hormones! It would be great to have more info on everyones hormone levels.

I have Blasto which lead to Adrenal fatigue and now I have found that IsoCort (contains a low dose of Cortisol) has really been helping with fatigue, more of my personality is back (I used to feel dull quite often), I'm also gaining some weight (slowly - though prior to IsoCort I NEVER gained any), and my body temperature is getting warmer (I was cold alot).

I had a 4-Point Saliva test (through a lab, the hospital test was useless) done showing very low cortisol at 7:30am, ok at 11:30, HIGH at 6:00, and Slight High at 11:00pm. Now if I take IsoCort around 7:30am I feel quite a bit better during the day, if I take it later though I feel a little out of wack, if I take it around my HIGH points then I can't get to sleep - I feel wired.

Anyway, I agree with Avreed, the overall picture is really important. The best gains back to health I've had, have all been through support my body rather then attacking Blasto.

James

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#3 [url]

Oct 6 11 11:05 PM

avreed: he rec'd nutritional IV's

I have talked with many people who have chronic infections and every single one has issues with:

1/  Endocrine system - more prominent is the adrenal issues, gonadal issues, thyroid etc.   

the reason for this is that the endo system is involved in fighting the infection, I can cite several Medline Journal articles to support this if anyone wants this.  Also every glandular system has an effect on the other glandular systems, for instance high adrenal activity from the infections will raise pancreas activity with results in blood sugar disturbances. 

2/  Immune shifting   Th1/Th2 immune balance is disturbed with these chronic infections - you can reference Dr. Esther Sternberg's report on Th1 shifting.  It simply means that the immune response shifts over to the Th1 side due to the parasite - thus it weakens Th2 responses which are primarily viral issues. 

3/  Adrenal weakness.   Adrenals are involved in homeostatis and help mount an immune response by manufacturing AMP (anti microbial peptides)  

4/  Liver congestion.   This occurs from depletion of vital cysteine/methionine (glutathione) - depleted levels occur from the immune system using up available cysteine to fight parasites thus leaving the liver short on vital amino acids to detoxify.  

5/  General Toxicity.  This occurs from impaired liver function, high amounts of toxic oxides that are produced from immune responses resulting not only in toxic buildup but damaged cell membranes.  When cell membranes are damaged, Krebs cycle is hindered resulting in fatigue. 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#4 [url]

Oct 6 11 11:08 PM

The answer is to kill these horrible parasites which is what we are up to.   I know for sure that the biofilm is the protector - I had massive kill off with Nita and Paromomycin - they adapted within a couple of days.   I ordered Tetracycline and will be adding to the mix as a pulsing technique.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Oct 7 11 6:52 AM

The IV'S have Vitamins C, All B's Magnesium, Calcium, Amino acids, D- Ribos, Lidocaine and at the end by itself Glutathione  

They have been a big help with all my symptoms 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 7 11 7:56 AM

Thanks to lineup and brianb for the posts. The bullet point summary is very helpful as a synopsis of the chain of events. IV info is very helpful for nutritional protocols. One thing that has not been mentioned which is vital to keeping GI pathogens at bay is HCL. I did a Heidelberg Test to measure Hydrochloric Acid and found mine was very low. It appears to be essential to supplement HCL with every meal if this is the case (except in ulcerative stomach conditions). Stress from high or low adrenals will shut off digestive function, including HCL.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 7 11 8:06 AM

Thanks James for the hormone info. Mine are shot - adrenals, thyroid, progesterone, estrogen and god knows what else. Can't take any drugs right now as my liver is too impaired but there are things that will help, particularly minerals (broad spectrum) plus extra magnesium, B vitamins, lots of antioxidants and perhaps several key individual nutrients for particular deficiencies. Haven't tried Isocort yet but have heard good things about it. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 27 12 2:51 AM

I think there are a cluster of conditions that make these things possible. For me up until about 16 years ago I was well and healthy. Recently I discovered I have a few disadvantageous generic polymorphisms that mean my methylation cycle is not optimal. This combined with broad spectrum antibiotics, poor diet, stress, lower nutritional food (if you just eat regular diets) and toxic environments means my body had no chance. Lower immune function means bugs move in, and the cycle begins.
 More antibiotics and picking up new bugs from overseas trips then leaky gut, immune disfunction, more stress, anxiety, the depression and strengthening biofilms no wonder we get so sick. For me the methylation discovery (and changing to a paleo diet) has been vital and supporting that means I am feeling much better much more stable. Been seing a chinese doc which has helped with hormones. But I have had recurrent infections of Klebsiella. Seems to be the last factor... And attack the biofilm may be the last part of the puzzle. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help