Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

Sep 20 11 1:24 AM

Tags : :

Let's see - ah - I am now on protocol #131 ;<) Anyhow I am making progress using a multiple prong approach, I am beginning to see reduction of the abdominal swelling, more balanced mood and better energy and lower stress reactions. The bigger question is whether the treatments will hold.
I am using a form of kinesiology and testing all of my supplements. I am finding that the body is responding differently some days - most people agree this is due to pulsing. Pulsing would refer to using different substances at different times, for instance using Formula #1 for 3 days then switching to another for a week, etc.

I am using a combination of drugs*
*(Nitazoxanide that I make into a liposomal form - which I have posted elsewhere in the forum on how to make, and you can use lower doses of the drug and get a more beneficial effect as liposomal forms can penetrate cell membranes with greater effect, thus carrying the drug right in the heart of the enemy)
*I also procured Paromomycin which is testing quite good. Paromomycin (Humatin) is hard to come by but I found a legal, reliable and safe source, if you are interested in the contact info, then please PM me. I just started Paromomycin at low doses liposomally.
I used many drug combinations before including triple drug cocktails (Secnidazole, Septra, Diloxanide Furoate) along with single drugs (Septra, Flagyl, Rifaximin, Albendazole, and various other antibiotics).
I am using a combination of Homeopathics

There is some controversy about the use of homeopathics, but I know from my own personal experience and from the experience of others that homeopathy can be an effective remedy. I was told by a practitioner that you must find the right remedy.

I like this product from Newton's http://www.newtonlabs.net/index.php/parasites-1633.html as it seemed to help, it has many protozoa agents in it. I am also testing good for Bactex by Mediral and Amoeba from Mediral. However I would note that I took the latter two products by themselves and did not get any relief (6 months ago).
I found some new herbs to take

I have taken many herbs over this time, but I seem to be getting good results from Cubeb (Cubeba piper) which I bought at Rose Mountain Herbs. One pound was about $15, I put in the coffee grinder and take a heaping teaspoon to 2 heaping teaspoons. Evidence is pointing that cubeb is an effective protozoa killer.

I am also pulsing Chebula which can be acquired for about $15 for a pound. I posted information about it strong biofilm breaking capabilites. I notice in testing that it is pulsed about every 3 days dosage is less than a teaspoon, I am guessing around 1/2 to be safe. It is very hard and needs to be ground in a coffee grinder. It is quite astringent which may give it its biofilm busting capability.
I have been testing good for chapparo amargo (pulsed) - I believe gibby used this in combination with other herbs to rid herself of pptu. I have other herbs that I am pulsing as well.
Caprylic acid pops up in testing and I have been taking it about every day or two. Caprylic acid eradicated this before, but I let up and they beat the treatment.
Essential Oils help

I believe that EOs can be helpful, especially in the role of breaking up biofilms.
I started with White Thyme and added cardamom oils and did this for sometime (maybe 2 weeks), I used small doses that were muscle tested (about 6 and 3 respectively) There is an article in the biofilm section showing the positive effects of using Thyme and Tetracycline together to eradicate a bacteria (pseudomonas), [not to say that Tetracycline would have effect on PPTU]. There are a number of other oils that can be quite antiseptic, I have posted these on the forum. I have been taking this internally (mixed in olive oil) and this is not the recommended form of administration..

**Update 7/2015  I have found a combination that works. I made the determination that the infection is/was antibiotic resistant and have focused on attacking resistance primarily with Goldenseal Leaf (not root), this shown its effectivenss withi a short time. I recently added Nutiva Hemp Oil purchased at Whole Foods or available from a number of retailers. Very significant action - you can read my newer comments here ​http://pptu.lefora.com/topic/19403369/Hemp-oil-results#.Va7ZNlNtcXo

Last Edited By: linenup Jul 21 15 11:01 PM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#1 [url]

Sep 24 11 11:52 AM

I got the smack down.   I have been pulsing herbs, drugs and homeopathics and seeing gentle reduction in my abdomen.   

Tuesday:  Received my Paromomycin and took about 500mg which is a reduced dose.   No problems with the drug, I take this with Nitazoxanide and all of the other items mentioned in the above post.  

Wednesday:  Stomach was the flattest I have seen, I noticed that my hands were not as inflammed.  Felt the best I have in some time.   But I woke up feeling quite toxic and dehydrated.   I ramped up my trusted friend Vitamin C  to bowel tolerance and evacuated infected looking material.

by Wednesday night my abdomen began to swell again and hurt.   I stopped all treatments and began to use some of my anti inflammatory things such as fiber, charcoal, glutamine, boswellia, antioxidants, olive oil etc.   

Thursday/Friday:   Inflammation increased and followed the anti inflammatory items above and of course used no treatments.  Included an aloe vera product from Solaray that includes marshmallow root, chamomile, slippery elm etc.  

By Friday night the stools were formed rather than the loose sickly looking ones on Wed/Thurs.  However I still have pain and swelling.

At this point I am trying to understand what may have happened.   My suspicion is that the combination was killing major things off and I suspect that the Paromomycin may have been the catalyst.  

I also think I should have been taking fiber (which I normally do) during the regimen.   I have read that taking fiber helps carry the drugs better and secondly I think that the fiber will help remove the toxic immune factors that are going on during die-off.   The phagocytes (a type of a white blood cell) job is to clean up toxic material and I suspect that during kill off there is many things for the phagocytes to clean up.   I believe that the fiber will help sweep up the junk, therefore lessening the burden on the phagocytes thus lessening the burden on the body.  

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#2 [url]

Sep 25 11 10:25 PM

I will continue to update my work.  I was able to put the fire using combinations of a strict diet of fresh fruits, vegetables and fiber along with many anti-inflammatory herbs, MSM and antioxidants.   

I have restarted testing for compatible therapies.   I have restarted the Nita and Paromomycin with Cubeb peppercorns which seem to be quite helpful.   I am now doing 2 treatments per day as opposed to one, I feel that my body can accept the additional therapies.  

I now have tested positive for Flagyl (Secnidazole) and have added enzymes to the mix.   We will see in the next week what becomes of this. 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#3 [url]

Sep 27 11 1:41 AM

In looking at my notes, I have been paying attention to the pattern of different substances in which I test for.   Chebula which is a biofilm busting herb (at least in studies for Pseudomonas)  pops up from time to time and think it has good qualities.  

avreed brought up the idea of the connection between astringent herbs and biofilms that perhaps there is a connection.   This appears to be the case and have begun to look at a list of astringent herbs and find that they indeed are antiseptic - so perhaps it is safe to make that connection.  For instance witch hazel (H. virginiana) is a powerful herb for acne which is a strong biofilm.  

I have only been taking chebula may once every 2 or 3 days.... I think in my case since the infection is so old that it has buried itself a little deeper than say a fresh infection so I think the precaution of going slow and being steady is a better choice for me - this is more a marathon than a sprint, so I have succumbed to the idea that this may be a several week journey - assuming I have the right protocol.  

The testing is showing that a multiple prong attack is needed, and pulsing herbs with the antibiotics seems to be helping.  

I had no idea something could be so involved :)

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#4 [url]

Sep 27 11 12:07 PM

Tuesday:   Pain has subsided in the abdomen area, where it was a stabbing pain now has reduced to a less than noticeable dull ache.   BM is formed and no longer mushy.   Abdomen is still distended and still feel sick but feel positive that I might finally be on the right track. 

Another good sign is a return of my appetite.  For a long time, nausea was a problem and of course that nausea is a sign of the infection, so I am happy with this.  

I am not sure if I posted previously but I have been doing a homeopathic solution of my  mmmmm dare I say urine - ah - before you go gagging this is a highly dilute solution as homeopathics are.  Of course I am a desperate man, why else would I spend so much time researching things and desperate people do desperate things.

UT has been around a long time and has been used in the treatment of infections - but that is in the form of drinking it - well I can't do that but using it homeopathically is tolerable.   There are plenty of resources on the web to show how to do this.   

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#5 [url]

Sep 27 11 12:20 PM

Enzymes may be a missing puzzle for me -  I have done much research on the topic of using enzymes the help with this infection.   Enzymes are specialized complexes that your body makes to initialize chemical changes, your body makes them all the time.  However when the body is under stress with infections, it is quite likely that your enzyme production may be slowing.  

I found plenty of supportive evidence to show that enzymes such as lysozymes, pepsin and bromelain (and others) can help kill the microbes with something called lysing.   Currently I am taking a generalized enzyme product (amylase, pectinase, lipase etc) and have ordered an enteric-coated bromelain product which with the enteric coating should open in the gut.   

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#6 [url]

Sep 28 11 11:37 AM

It is apparent that these have adapted to the pharmaceuticals I threw at them.  I know this as I was getting quite a bit of die off with Nitazoxanide which was followed up with Paromomycin.   One week later, the drugs are no longer effective.   This has happened in the past using Caprylic acid.   

I think that this is a biofilm thing, so I think I may stop  the pharmaceuticals for the time being and refocus on disabling the biofilm.   

I do not think that my species are similar to others reported on this forum as mine have been quite inflammatory (caused Cushing's Disease).

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#7 [url]

Sep 29 11 12:02 AM

I decided to pull out all the weapons [-[--------------------------->>    

So I pulled out my ozone generator (medical grade) and fired up 3 minutes of a decent ozone concentration up the rear end (ugh)   - do not use table top ozone generators for this or anything they produce toxic byproducts and I know 3 people who got worse after using.  

I decided to go back to the microelectricitygermkiller (Yahoo group) and use this device which is very easy to build and use (and cheap) - this device is similar to a peer-reviewed journal article that states that low current dc voltage will break up biofilms 

I bought lemons and used the juice, pulp and seeds - lemons are not only astringent which should work against biofilms but also antimicrobial.   I also added sunflower oil which contains stearic acid (antimicrobial).  Trying to stay on a good diet during this.  

Testing today revealed no pharmaceutical drugs but rather another shot of chebula, burdock root and Parasite homeopathic remedy.  

Abdomen is decreasing (as of today).

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 30 11 6:28 PM

Linenup, wow, this is all so complicated!  I begin to despair that I will ever get better.  Maybe we have the same species of PPTU.  Stabbing inflammation in my abdomen is my main symptom (along with voluminous, soft mushy stools; and weight loss).

I've been suffering for well over two years now...

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#9 [url]

Oct 1 11 12:34 AM

thisland:  sorry about that :(   that is all this stuff - but you have to realize I have been suffering with this for a long time and tried so many things under the sun.  

Good news is that I am beginning to see results!

So what have I learned from this?

1. Assuming we are suffering with a related species, hitting them with a single remedy will not work as they learn to adapt to the therapy.

2.  This is known as pulsing - which stops them from adapting 

3.  I have focused on the biofilm by using some key things such as Chebula, 

1.  Attack the biofilm:   Chebula, DC microelectricity germ killer (Yahoo group), enzymes, astringent herbs, essential oils.

2.  Pulse antimicrobials if necessary.  Use herbals with the antimicrobial drugs - pay attention to how you are feeling, that is do some therapies (drugs) and see how you are feeling.  For example, do I feel sick, if true then you are probably killing things off, if the dieoff stops then the biofilm just kicked in (they adapted to the drug)  - stop the drugs and use herbal antimicrobials and rotate - retest the drugs and resume, repeat.   I like Newton's Parasite Homeopathic, Mediral's Bactex and Amoeba.

I will continue to post and test and see where I get, then maybe I can make some definitive conclusions. 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#10 [url]

Oct 1 11 12:43 AM

Friday (Sept 30 2011) 
Still not testing for pharmas, but testing good for a mix of herbs.   I just received Elecamapne which is the first time I have taken, it tests quite strong so we will see how this herb works.  This has been a weird experience and I never thought I would be doing all of this.   Stomach inflammation is still coming down and I have more balanced energy and better thoughts.   
Mushy stools are gone and pain is subsiding in the gut.   

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/microelectricitygermkiller/
I really like this microelectricity germkiller  device, it is simple to build, and cheap.   The science behind it is found in Journal Articles which shows low current DC will break up biofilms.  It is also safe.   I think it is a great adjunct therapy with the antimicrobials.  

My observation is that about 10 minutes into applying the electrodes on the abdomen that I begin to feel very nauseous which tells me this is a good thing.   

*I tried looking for the article proving this will eradicate biofilms, and I know I have it in the biofilm category but cannot find it at the moment.   I tried contacting the author who led the study among other PhD's but did not receive a response.  But the article has been quoted in other journal articles.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#11 [url]

Oct 1 11 12:46 AM

Here is a video that shows how to build a variation of the device mentioned above.  I use the same battery, went to Radio Shack and purchased a pack of wires that had alligator clips on both ends, and use some copper plates which are applied to the abdomen.   They do not use the copper plates as terminals but a different setup which I would think is better than mine. 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#12 [url]

Oct 1 11 1:15 AM

some of the herbs that are showing up in testing:

Cubeb peppercorns*  (good stuff)

Blood by Solaray - I think it is the yellow dock in the formula.

Andrographis (was effective for a short time when taken alone)

Chapparo Amargo (gibby used this with other things to kill off her PPTU)

Caprylic Acid  (strong kill off using this by itself, but they adapted to it)

Burdock

Artemesia  (see gibby -  kills malaria, cancer cells, use annua species)

Elecampane  (brand new and testing quite strong)  Referenced in Dr. James Duke book

Gotu Kola (reports of efflux pump inhibition)

Graviola (anti microbial from South America - kills cancer cells which by the way are caused by microbes -  kill microbes and cancer should subside - )  

Cats Claw  (South American herb that kills off many microbes - reduced my infection when combined with Simarouba and Amargo)

Chebula (astringent - has biofilm destroying capacity in bacterial biofilms)  

Szechuan peppercorns (anti microbial)

Ashwaghanda  (antimicrobial and adaptogen)

Red Root  (promoted for Lyme disease which is a bacterial spirochete which probably is resistant due to its biofilm properites.  Just got this one and tests good). 

Neem  (Dr. Galland promotes this for its antimicrobial properties, took it for some time but not enough to eradicate this - has other beneficial properties)

Myrrh & Boswellia (Frankincense)   (I put this at the bottom as I have not been using this lately but did significant amounts of both.   They are both very antimicrobial.  I used these two with neem and oil of oregano (enteric coated) and eliminated round worms  (ugh!) - worked better than drugs.   But this combination by itself was not effective for PPTU.  

Pulsing I think is the key, that way the microbes cannot set up defense mechanisms - 
I am using the Murray Method (Murray Weber) who was a wise man - told me that I need to "hit it from every side"  - so Murray was right, 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#13 [url]

Oct 1 11 1:40 AM

digestive enzymes I test good for:

Nature's Basket Digestive Enzymes (Giant Eagle brand which I am sure is manufactured for them, I can probably find the original manufacturer if need be)   Anyhow of testing about 20 enzyme formulas this tested superior.  I have listed the ingredients below:
Bromelain enteric coated from LEF - this opens in the gut to give it full potency.   Bromelain is a potent enzyme and could be a great enzyme to use against biofilms and well may break up the cell walls of the protozoa which would kill them.  Also reduces inflammation.  
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Bromelain-Specially-Coated-500-mg-60-Enteric-Coated-Tablets/10100?at=PAT385

Something to keep in mind whenever using antibiotics is that they may be more effective when taken with bromelain or other fibrinolytic enzymes. In humans, some undetermined activity of bromelain has been documented to increase blood and urine levels of antibiotics. Combining bromelain and antibiotic therapy has been shown to be more effective than antibiotics alone in treating a variety of conditions including pneumonia, bronchitis, staph skin infections, thrombophlebitis, cellulitis, pyelonephritis, perirectal and rectal abscesses, and sinusitis. [Drugs Exp Clin Res 1978;4: pp.45-48]

Nature's Basket Enzymes
AMYLASE
GLUCOAMYLASE
LIPASE AN
PROTEASE
CELLULASE
PAPAIN
PECTINASE
BROMELAIN
INVERTASE
LACTASE
plus different herbs

*I think it is the pectinase that may the important ingredient - but this is just a hunch.  I have found some references to pectinase as an effective biofilm dissolver. 

Here is a product that looks similar
http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-DailyFoods-High-Active-Enzymes-30-Capsules/16693?at=PAT385

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#14 [url]

Oct 1 11 3:05 AM

I am attempting to break the Guiness World record of the longest thread ( just kidding - but this is getting quite long) with this thread.  

Anyhow it is important to break this apart slowly -  I have a video in the biofilm buster category that states that breaking these (biofilms) apart too fast could seriously hurt - so I caution you to listen to your body and don't try to be a hero.   Yes we need to push therapies to a point of effectiveness but pushing too hard will only set you back.   I am looking at this as a longer battle rather than a short one.  But I have a much longer infective process than most so I take that into consideration.  

Keeping a journal has helped.   I post all my treatments and monitor conditions that I notice, I refer back to times when I had more results to make adjustments.  

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#15 [url]

Oct 1 11 3:40 AM

Fiber has been shown to help carry antimicrobials deeper into the infection, and I think fiber helps sweep away the toxic byproducts that the parasites create but the immune responses as well.  I use psyllium with flax seed that I buy in bulk at the store.   I used bulk charcoal in the mix which is the wonder detoxifier but I am backing off this a little in fears that charcoal may absorb the antimicrobials thus making them ineffective.   Enemas can be a help in cleansing the toxins from the colon, thereby lessening the work of the immune system.  

Drinking plenty of water to keep dieoff low will help.  I have also minimized vitamin C in the belief that high amounts will nullify the antibiotics.  I have modified my diet to include more fresh fruits and vegetables and limiting junk stuff -  Some swear that a Paleo diet has been helpful, I find with my work schedule this is difficult.   I still take my base nutritional things which help the body cope better with this infections.  

Some foods that may be helpful in controlling infections include fresh squeezed lemons (juice, pulp and seeds) that are astringent as well as antibiotic, bananas which contain salacylic acid and have medicinal qualities http://pptu.lefora.com/2011/07/19/anti-quorum-sensing-of-edible-plants-and-fruits/
fresh garlic, a great antimicrobial and organic carrots (shredded) which have antimicrobial properties. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2672.1994.tb01608.x/abstract
and using Sunflower and Olive oils which are antimicrobial. 

I am sure there are many other foods that would be helpful, so if any of you have suggestions, please let me know.  

I have dabbled with many probiotic blends and to honest I am not convinced of any one species but I have had success with using a cheap(er) probiotic blend by Nature's Life - it is a liquid form I found at Whole Foods.  I bought it because it contained b. infantis which could be an important form.  b stands for bifidus strains and there are many bifidus species - bifidus colonizes the large intestine and is pretty important for colon health for several reasons including healing the gut walls.  This healing comes from short chain fatty acids which are manufactured from probiotics and fiber - are you getting your fiber?  

I also bought a tasty kefir drink they sell at Whole Foods which has many probiotics and is inexpensive.  I take a shot of both of these to maintain probiotic balance which is especially important if you are using antimicrobials be it pharmas or herbs.  You do not want to get an oppurtunistic infection like c. difficile.  

I got a dieoff of something in the first three days of taking these together and it is a good thing you were not near me :)   -probably a rogue bacteria that I picked up along the way.  The blend kicked something out but of course I have not seen evidence that they will kill off protozoa.   It is important to keep the colon healthy as not only is it infected with protozoa and is more suspectible to picking up rogue organisms because of the protozoa infection but also contains a good part of your immunity (Peyer's Patches etc).  

You should also consider vitamin A and vitamin D3 to keep the mucous membranes healthy and not eating a bad diet.  You need to keep your defenses up in these chronic infections, this is important.   Detoxing the body with different things will also take the load off the immune system, but I would not try to detoxify during a kill off phase - at least don't do a protocol that will harshly remove things like mercury which might be one of the underlying issues.   Taking supportive things like antioxidants and adaptogens will lessen the harsh effects of die off.   Alkalizing the body with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or TriSalts http://www.amazon.com/Cardiovascular-Research-Tri-Salts-200-powder/dp/B00014DY5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317465489&sr=8-1/?tag=pl073-20
will help keep the acids from building up.  This reduces the physical and mental pains and should help you endure the treatment protocol.  

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#16 [url]

Oct 1 11 11:23 PM

A day of rest.   My colon is inflammed and needs some rest so I am pulling out my trusted friends

Solaray's Aloe with herbs (Super Digestaway)

Olive oil

Glutamine

Jarrow Cox II

Fiber

Antioxidants

I am pretty convinced that I am on the right path.  

Pulse Herbs

Pulse abx

Pulse homeopathics

Grind at the biofilm.   

I believe the answer with the biofilm eradication is astringents as mentioned previously -  and now I am quite confident that pectinase may be most versatile enzyme to erode biofilms.   But I am not convinced that it solely is advisable - whereas the best approach may be in a combination blend as listed above.  

One of the reasons for the pectinase theory is the amount of enzymes I have done and I should say the many types of enzymes I have tried.  In reviewing all the combinations I have taken, I have never taken pectinase and now I am getting results.   I feel different in the abdomen, like something is breaking up, my stools have been burning which is a sign of acids.  Are the acids from the biofilm being removed?  I do not know.  But I am encouraged at the results!   

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 3 11 9:00 AM

How do you know the infection is in your colon as opposed to your small intestine?  I assumed mine was too, since the pain is always on the lower left of my abdomen, which is where the descending colon is also located.  But these days I am not so sure.  The pain usually gets worse about an hour to an hour and a half after I eat, which suggests the small intestine, not the large.  Also, pooping isn't painful, which it seems like it would be if the colon were inflamed.

I just started up two days ago a tincture of black walnut plus wormwood and cloves (from NOW foods), and mix that in with my Metamucil, and it has already reduced that godawful pain significantly. But all those herbs (I've tried lots over the last couple years) have never gotten rid of my parasites, just  made pain less severe.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#18 [url]

Oct 3 11 2:35 PM

thisland:  I am not sure about the location.  Yes your observations concerning herbals is correct but this is not so much an issue with the herbs as it is the biofilm.   I am focusing heavily on eradicating the biofilm then other things will work.   I have reviewed many personal accounts and the reports are all the same - so again biofilm eradication is primary.   This is what I am working on and so far I am seeing positive things happening.  

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#19 [url]

Oct 5 11 7:36 PM

Continue making steady progress -  continue to test my available products and find that pulsing is very good -  continue using lemon juice, pulp and seeds with enzymes .  Please about the progress I am making.    Pain is subsiding and inflammation is reducing, both signs of reduced infection.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 5 11 10:05 PM

I tried this stuff called Biofilm Defense from Kirkman.  It's full of enzymes with names ending in -ase.  But I really didn't notice any difference when I took it.  Maybe I need to take much bigger dose?  Or mix it with other stuff?

But I'm glad you're making progress!  Keep us posted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help