Remove this ad

Lead

May 27 11 8:00 PM

Tags : :

I was wondering for people who have these parasites...would you say that you're feeling sick continuously?  Or are there flare up and remission periods?

If you have flare ups and remissions, how long does it typically last for?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#1 [url]

May 27 11 11:21 PM

I think it depends on the species of the parasites and your immune status.  There is an article in the biofilm category about cycling, this is something that I suffer with, I am not sure about others.   Cycling is normal from what I can tell.  

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 14 11 1:19 PM

For my PPTU diagnosis, I have been taking flagyl (500mg) twice a day as well as grapefruit seed extract and artemesia oil capsules for 5 days now. 
What I am finding is that I get through the mornings and early afternoon as usual: not feeling great, but manageable.Then in the late afternoon my condition deteriorates. Specifically I need to take multiple trips to the bathroom where I pass much mucus. This continues until I finally give up and go to bed.  Cycle starts again in the morning.
I am wondering if this is a) to be expected from the flagyl, etc. b) a flare up or c) not meaningful one way or another.
I think I did read that parasites can be worse late in the day, but don't know if this is actually true or even applicable when on flagyl.
Has anyone experienced a similar reaction?  I'd like to think I am making progress. It's been so long that I have been dealing with this.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#5 [url]

Sep 14 11 7:50 PM

mrb:  Thanks for keeping us updated (this helps us all)  -  Well that is a combination that I have not read about.   Typically and I underline typically, Flagyl is usually ineffective by itself, perhaps this combination will do the trick.

I don't hear about mucus issues on this forum (pptu related) but hear that with blastocystis sufferers.  Did the mucus issue start following the treatments or was this an issue before?  I would presume the former.   

The only thing I can come up with concerning the time of day is that the body cycles constantly with hormone release (circadian rhythms etc) - for instance cortisol typically peaks in the morning and falls in the afternoon - cortisol plays key biological roles in the body and I am sure there is a connection with the immune responses.   

I'd like to think I am making progress. It's been so long that I have been dealing with this.  
Even if the protocol does not work, you are still making progress in that this is well a process of ruling things out.   One of the purposes of the forum is to help one another, the second is to collaborate on treatment strategies.   

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 15 11 12:01 AM

Wow you are the absolute reverse as me.  I am terrible in the morning - better at night.

I must say I do GSE enemas and they make me feel better INSTANTLY and SIGNIFICANTLY!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 12 12 2:22 PM

I am terrible in the morning and better at night as well.

Before I tested positive for PPTU, I thought liver flushing was helping. Looking back, it was most likely the epsom salts (laxative) that were cleaning me out and that was what was giving me relief. I'd always have a couple days of improved health and mental clarity after every flush.

I worked with an endocrinologist and they ran a battery of tests on me. The endocrinologist was never able to pinpoint anything. My numbers were sometimes erratic. Not Addison's, not Cushing's but the numbers would sometimes point in the direction of both, depending on what they were testing and when. But the numbers were never drastically in one range or the other.

I remember one of the tests was urine metanephrines but nothing conclusive ever came up.

"Since these tests are affected by drugs, foods, and stresses, false positive tests may occur. For this reason, metanephrines testing is not recommended as a screen for the general public. Doctors will frequently investigate a positive result by evaluating a person's stress, diet, and medications, work to alter or minimize these influences, and then repeat the test to confirm the original findings."

Based on how I've felt when treatments have temporarily worked, I know now that all of these symptoms, at least all of the symptoms that I experience, are tied directly to this parasite. I used to think I had thyroid issues or adrenal issues or any number of things, but it's clear to me now that this is not the case.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Mar 12 12 3:56 PM

Wow you are the absolute reverse as me.  I am terrible in the morning - better at night.I must say I do GSE enemas and they make me feel better INSTANTLY and SIGNIFICANTLY!

-outoftime

Outoftime....Have you tried continuing the GSE enemas on a long term basis to see if that yields any long term results?

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#9 [url]

Mar 12 12 5:24 PM

I am terrible in the morning and better at night as well.Before I tested positive for PPTU, I thought liver flushing was helping. Looking back, it was most likely the epsom salts (laxative) that were cleaning me out and that was what was giving me relief. I'd always have a couple days of improved health and mental clarity after every flush.I worked with an endocrinologist and they ran a battery of tests on me. The endocrinologist was never able to pinpoint anything. My numbers were sometimes erratic. Not Addison's, not Cushing's but the numbers would sometimes point in the direction of both, depending on what they were testing and when. But the numbers were never drastically in one range or the other.I remember one of the tests was urine metanephrines but nothing conclusive ever came up."Since these tests are affected by drugs, foods, and stresses, false positive tests may occur. For this reason, metanephrines testing is not recommended as a screen for the general public. Doctors will frequently investigate a positive result by evaluating a person's stress, diet, and medications, work to alter or minimize these influences, and then repeat the test to confirm the original findings."Based on how I've felt when treatments have temporarily worked, I know now that all of these symptoms, at least all of the symptoms that I experience, are tied directly to this parasite. I used to think I had thyroid issues or adrenal issues or any number of things, but it's clear to me now that this is not the case.

-previn

previn:  yes the parasites cause major endocrine shifting due to the immune response.   The body will upregulate the metabolism to kick in the immune response.   I am not sure if you read my posts about developing Cushing's as a result of the infection but this was how severe the infection was at one point.   I continue to experience endo shifting and have an inverted sleep wake cycle due to the cortisol fluctuation.   Every person with these chronic infections will always have endo problems, they might show up as thyroid related issues and of course the adrenals are always involved.  

You might want to look at some of the posts regarding liver toxicity and these infections.   These produce strong immune related responses which evoke strong oxidation, the body needs to quell the oxidation and as a result, key antioxidants are used up quickly.   Glutathione(cysteine) is rapidly used up in these infections and as a result, the liver becomes unable to detoxify normal metabolic - I have some information posted under the supporting the body category. 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#10 [url]

I am terrible in the morning and better at night as well.Before I tested positive for PPTU, I thought liver flushing was helping. Looking back, it was most likely the epsom salts (laxative) that were cleaning me out and that was what was giving me relief. I'd always have a couple days of improved health and mental clarity after every flush.I worked with an endocrinologist and they ran a battery of tests on me. The endocrinologist was never able to pinpoint anything. My numbers were sometimes erratic. Not Addison's, not Cushing's but the numbers would sometimes point in the direction of both, depending on what they were testing and when. But the numbers were never drastically in one range or the other.I remember one of the tests was urine metanephrines but nothing conclusive ever came up."Since these tests are affected by drugs, foods, and stresses, false positive tests may occur. For this reason, metanephrines testing is not recommended as a screen for the general public. Doctors will frequently investigate a positive result by evaluating a person's stress, diet, and medications, work to alter or minimize these influences, and then repeat the test to confirm the original findings."Based on how I've felt when treatments have temporarily worked, I know now that all of these symptoms, at least all of the symptoms that I experience, are tied directly to this parasite. I used to think I had thyroid issues or adrenal issues or any number of things, but it's clear to me now that this is not the case.

-previn

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#11 [url]

previn:  yes the parasites cause major endocrine shifting due to the immune response.   The body will upregulate the metabolism to kick in the immune response.   I am not sure if you read my posts about developing Cushing's as a result of the infection but this was how severe the infection was at one point.   I continue to experience endo shifting and have an inverted sleep wake cycle due to the cortisol fluctuation.   Every person with these chronic infections will always have endo problems, they might show up as thyroid related issues and of course the adrenals are always involved.  

You might want to look at some of the posts regarding liver toxicity and these infections.   These produce strong immune related responses which evoke strong oxidation, the body needs to quell the oxidation and as a result, key antioxidants are used up quickly.   Glutathione(cysteine) is rapidly used up in these infections and as a result, the liver becomes unable to detoxify normal metabolic - I have some information posted under the supporting the body category. 

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 12 12 7:15 PM

Thanks, lineup. I'll check it out.

My sleep schedule is altered as well. Fortunately, I own my own business that allows me to set my schedule.

It was interesting to me how my sleep schedule returned to a much more "normal" time schedule following the CDD triple therapy.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 12 13 10:04 AM

My symptoms flare up definitely... on one hand it seems random, like one day I'll just feel unusually tired or awful for no reason.

Other times it will be a reaction to something, usually food, which often floors me for the rest of the day. Or I'll sleep it off during the afternoon or even in the morning. Elimination diet is the best idea for finding out problem foods and supplements!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help