Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

Oct 7 10 2:29 AM

Tags : :

Listen to the interview about PPTU  on Metametrix website
http://www.metametrix.com/learning-center/podcasts/2008/protozoan-present-taxonomy-unavailable

There are two explanations:
1/  Transient parasite which means it is simple passing through (non human parasite)
2/  Or a pathogenic protozoa parasite that is considered rare.   If one is showing signs and symptoms then this option should be considered.  

Please see this link for more information > http://pptu.lefora.com/2010/09/18/welcome-please-read-2/#post3 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 4 10 4:52 PM

I have to say I am completely unsatisfied with that explanation. The only immunological implication mentioned was elevated lactoferrin.
If one were to be a creative microbiologist (for example) one might look for indications of antibodies surrounding the target protozoan, and for behaviors such as spore production. Spore production could be very significant because these could enter into the blood system either directly or indirectly through macrophages.
The point is, there must be careful inspection of unknowns, because they could be reproducing in the gut, without the agitation of  tissue.
I have seen too many weird parasites from patients with terrible symptoms who come to me after receiving negative labs results, or unknown taxonomy findings. The way I break it down in order of parasite likely to be problematic is this: protozoa, algae and algae-like protists, fungi then helminths. Most times there are combinations due to immunological shifts and co-habitation properties.

There is a long way to go before clinical identification verses pathology is concerned in the area of parasitology. I think there still remains a certain dogma in the practical fields, when it comes to humans. Veterinary medicine is further ahead when it comes to parasite identification and treatment.
Shroom 

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#2 [url]

Nov 4 10 9:21 PM

Well said.   There is no question that there are many bugs that are causing havoc without identification, it would seem to me that the medical system is still woefully behind the times.  It is funny about the vet system, I was told by a vet tech that if an animal comes into the clinic sick, the first thing they look for are parasites - if it is a human then they consider you to be psychologically ill :(

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 5 10 1:01 PM

I cannot blame the doctors, or even the lab techs for this. It is instituted in the educational, and clinical process. If one were to go directly to a parasitologist, they would look for anything on the CDC list of pathogenic sources. They would not even officially note other possible sources of infections unless they are listed as priority microbes. Very strict measures are put in place by regulations and laboratory guidelines.
I personally believe this is so the industry can be standardized and keep other specialties away, thus maintaining security against a flood of competition that would also require regulating.
If you follow the money trail, the usual suspects will be there at the threshold.          Shroom

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#4 [url]

Nov 6 10 12:49 AM

I remember reading  a great book on the history of western medicine and the story of Semmelweis.  His findings were deaths decreased after it was mandated that the medical students were forced to wash their hands after doing studies on cadavers, thus proving that microscopic things (germs) were the cause of the deaths.  http://www.suite101.com/content/handwashing-in-healthcare-saves-lives---ignaz-semmelweis-a224056   The medical establishment laughed at this man and persecuted him for years.   And of course there are multiple other stories that follow in this vein such as the bacteria h. pylori being the cause of stomach ulcers, that was discovered quite some time ago and is just now being accepted as fact.  

The medical establishment is a competitive environment where egos rule.   There are some well meaning and intelligent researchers who are right on with their findings but are shot down by the less intelligent and egomaniacs who fail to recognize that they are not as intelligent as they think they are.   People with big egos often have little minds.

So if it took decades for the establishment to recognize more popular illness as ulcers then we don't stand a chance :(     Well, I should say stand a chance having them helping us, but we can help ourselves!

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#5 [url]

Nov 6 10 12:51 AM

Hungarian obstetrician Ignaz Semmelweis was committed to a mental hospital after the Viennese medical establishment rejected his hypothesis that unsanitary conditions in his workplace (doctors went from an autopsy to a birth without washing their hands) caused the high infection and death rate among patients. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 8 10 7:33 AM

Shroom,

You write that you have seen patients that come to you after receiving PPTU findings. Are you a parasitologist/practitioner? If so, is there any further (distance) testing you are able to do after PPTU positive finding? I am based in Japan.

I have only a PPTU positive result to go by...my previous health care assistant advised there was nothing else abnormal in my profile (which I am willing to post). I suffer from extreme symptoms, the most debilitating of which is bloating/intestinal/digestive problems and predominant constipation. Overwhelming fatigue, weight loss and many further usual symptoms for this type of problem are also present.

Thanks and regards,

Paul

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 10 10 7:54 PM

Hi Org.
I am a researcher with limited medical exposure, due to people coming to me with their own "samples". I have been microscopically examining body fluids for about 5 years, and have been studying phenomenon such as health problems related to parasitic organisms for the same time period. I have also taken to research in the area of clinical immunology.

I have made many discoveries by observation, and familiarity with "normal" control samples. I have used on-line cross referencing to make identifications, and have used PCR lab resources.

Identifying a true pathogen is very easy for me, because there is already plenty of material available to make a reference and if the symptoms match, it is usually clear. Then I usually suggest other standard tests { through regular channels} for confimation.

In some cases, the "target" is suspect of modern times.
Unfortunately, many parasites are HLA specific, meaning they are designed for your particular immune type.
We are now over exposed to many parasites which are specific for plants, and other animals, fish, etc. Modern food distribution allows our exposure levels to be very high, and this results in eventual opportunistic infection. Sooner or later, we will all have something. Once it happens, the immune system alters the body chemistry opening up multiple opportunistic parasite challenges.
Even if you get rid of one thing, something else will find a home, and hopefully it is reletively harmless.
To deal with parasitic infections, one should make a goal of lowering their "load", so the body can return to a more stable condition (chemically). This is always a challenge, especially as you get older.

In your particular case, (based on symptoms) I would suspect F. Buski or similar type of platyhelminth. This carries with it numerous other microbes including protozoa.
I have similar problem. The symptoms will be cyclic, and it affects hormonal balances.
I don't know what the best type of treatment option is, but killing the fluke(s) should be a priority.
As for testing, stool analysis takes precision. You should do it during a time you feel a stranger than normal urge to deficate. Treatment should be over several months, unless you have early results.
What type of clinical results have you had to date?         Shroom

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 15 10 6:25 AM

Thanks for your reply Shroom,

I agree with what you write. I am dissatisfied with the results I received from Metametrix but at this stage have nothing else to go on. For many years I was fighting candida which I know I had in the early days as I responded directly to treatment but my symptoms slightly changed over time and then I received 2 stool profiles that were clear of candida but were positive for PPTU. I understand that the same problem can affect 2 people differently or there could be indeed many different parasites we are dealing with here but one major difference that I can see between myself and most others is that I am usually quite constipated (for which I take aloe capsules) whereas I hear most people have the opposite problem.

I did suspect some kind of fluke infection early on and self prescribed Albendazole and Prazi as well as a one round of Egaten (4 tabs). None of these had any effect.

I also agree that treatment will take some time but I feel it is absolutely necessary to identify what I am fighting first. I recently tried the badbugs combo for blasto for 8 days but didn't feel that was doing me any good at all.

I've attached the 2 stool profiles I've had done to date in Jan and May this year.

Any thoughts and advice very welcome. Many thanks...Paul

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 21 10 7:40 PM

It is very likely liver fluke. I am surprised Metametrix did not say it. The profile is practically confirmation.
The drugs take a long time to work. These parasites are underneath a thick layer of mucus.
Surgery is the best way, but good luck with that.
I'm in the same boat. There are other parasites for sure, but these things are difficult to purge.
It alters your bowel chemistry, and makes it difficult to have a normal digestive function.
They also mess with your hormones.       Shroom

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 22 10 4:32 AM

Thanks Shroom,

If I do have liver flukes I'm also surprised it didn't show up in at least one of my profiles. Are there any other places to go for a secondary opinion? I have so many questions but you sound busy...is there anyone knowledgable that you know that could possibly answer my questions?

Do you still suffer from flukes? What is your army of medicine? Is it/did it work?

The Egaten/Prazi/Albendazole I purchase at great expense so don't wish to go down that road until I'm certain that it is indeed flukes. If so, I'm very willing to do whatever necessary, even surgery.

Any information that you can provide or any direction that you can point me to help me find it is greatly appreciated. I slowly sift through curezone and research on the net daily but until I know for sure what I've got it is pretty pointless.

Thanks again..Organika

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 22 10 5:13 AM

Just listened to the short podcast on the Metametrix website with regards to PPTU. The closing words were that you will not receive a PPTU result if you have a helminth...?

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#12 [url]

Nov 23 10 1:01 AM

Yes that is correct.   You have to remember that PCR analysis works by detecting dna of the organism.  So as science unravels the dna of organisms that it is discovered that each living organism holds its own particular dna sequence.   So what Metametrix does is the input the dna of known parasites into their databank then when they detect dna in your stool, it is compared against the dna in the databank, if there is a match then you get a diagnosis. 

From how I understand it,  all protozoa shares some of the basic dna but of course not all.   So with protozoa if you have it, the pcr will pick up that, if it is not in the databank then you receive a pptu.   However with helminths (worms) or trematodes (flukes) if the organism is infecting you and it is not a known human parasite then you receive a negative.   Hope this makes sense. 

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 23 10 4:47 AM

It sort of makes sense. I am listening to the suggestion from Shroom who believes that I 'very likely have liver flukes' as this is what I originally thought that I had and believed I saw (though not for some time) in the toilet (after researching photos on Curezone etc). However after receiving 2 Metametrix tests with only PPTU positive and nothing mentioned of flukes and also of self prescribing Egaten, Praziquantel and Albendazole with no results, I am beginning to wonder. Adding to that, I don't know if I dosed correctly or for long enough (just followed advice on CZ). Shroom also writes that my profile is 'practical confirmation' that I harbor flukes but none of the (so called) health professionals have been able to give me any advice based on my profiles (attached above). I believe I am in a high risk group having travelled in India for 6 months (some time ago but have learned that flukes can live dormant for 20 years) and also became sick there from drinking dodgy water. Also eaten my fair share of sushi and sashimi having been a resident of Japan for 10 years though obviously don't eat it any more. 

Still don't know what I'm fighting and therefore still confused.

Organika

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#14 [url]

Nov 23 10 6:42 AM

Well you do know that you have a protozoa, but that does not mean you do not have a fluke issue.   The MM test well may have missed that for a possible 2 reasons  1/  you may have a fluke that is yet to be identified as pathogenic to humans  or 2/ the fluke is not present in the GI tract where the dna would be shed.   I know that some flukes will reside in the liver.  

In my opinion the protozoa are so disruptive and would probably put my focus on the treatment of them, meanwhile you might want to look at another product by Deseret Biologicals called VER which is a treatment for worms/flukes etc.   Also VAXA makes a product called Parasitin that is a cross of herbs and homeopathics.   You may also look at Dr. Leslie Taylor's database (Raintree herbs) and check the anti parasitic herbs there, I know that the amargo is also a worm killer.   I have heard good things about Para 3L which is an amargo based product with artemesia annua (ajeno sp?)

How is the yukky herb mix working out?

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 24 10 5:23 PM

Hi. Yes, sorry I do get busy. I have tried albenazole for one month, and it took that long to see noticeable improvement in my symptomology.
I had a bowel movement that had blood in it, and I examined that under the microscope. It was not human blood. So, I researched what it could be, and it turns out fluke carry red blood cells. Not sure why.
I have already detected one fluke from stool culture [as seen on my website www.ummicrographic.com] and recently I detected a large group of eggs in BM that I felt was unusual.
But, my problems are more complicated than just the fluke. I have a protozoan parasite that carries DNA from plasmodium falciprum which is malaria.
I think the two could be connected, but that would require loads of research.

I can offer to examine stool samples, if properly prepared and sent to my office.
It is always best to take samples during a vitamin C purge.        Shroom

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 24 10 5:35 PM

One more thing. I have personally given up on treatments, until I have time to address one that will work. People underestimate how difficult it is to get rid of these things. If I have to design my own drug, I will do that!
Think of  parasites as cancer. Unless the body can detect the source, and effectively deal with it, drugs will many times just offer a temporary reprieve. If the treatments are intense and prolonged, the chances  are better, but the risks are higher.
I am willing to help [detection and maybe identification] anyone who requests it, but I suggest they have sample prepared professionally.        SM

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#17 [url]

Nov 26 10 4:25 AM

People underestimate how difficult it is to get rid of these things.   How right you are!   One of the biggest issues we face is who is telling us the truth ...  that is more difficult than the disease ( I am hoping that this forum answers these questions).   Certainly people who have never lived thru this are not equipped ... I am thinking that we should open another category for "doctors etc who have failed" :)     I bet that list would be a mile long. 

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 28 10 2:05 AM

Thank you Shroom,

I checked out your website and would very much like to send you a sample. I'm very happy to donate for your service. I am unaware of how to have the sample professionally prepared to be sent from Japan. The only stool samples I have had done were from Metametrix with their kit.

Could you kindly advise how I should go about this.

Regards,

Organika

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 28 10 2:14 AM

Thanks Linenup for the further explanation,

I will look into the other supplements you recommended. The tea doesn't really seem to be doing a lot for me at this stage though I will stick with it for now. Gotten over the bitterness (though I can't really say I enjoy it) but am reminded of it when I give enquiring family/friends a taste and see their face :-)

Will not be able to make the tea traveling through Thailand for 3 weeks soon so am looking at some cat's claw supplements. Have you had any experience with any?

Organika

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#20 [url]

Nov 29 10 9:12 PM

I suppose that any quality supplement would work.   Let us know if you find those Thai herbs.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help