Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#101 [url]

Jul 25 13 12:00 PM

Bumping the above message since it was erroneously sent to spam. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Jul 25 13 4:15 PM

Wow zemok! You certainly have a mirror image of my story although mine started in 2010 and I haven't really experienced any period of feeling completely normal since then. It would seem that Dientamoeba, Blasto and EH are all going to give us a long term infection and complete misery too.

Are you based in the US? Maybe see Dr Yu or Cahill as they seem to be the only ones that are now practicing in parasites. I'm in Australia and there is the cdd.com.au.

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Jul 25 13 4:47 PM

Welcome Zemok.

I get pains in my epigastric region too. Have you been tested for H Pylori? Did they do a biopsy with the endoscopy?

Does the d-limonene work? How long were you on the PPIs for?

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Jul 25 13 7:05 PM

Hey Troyza,

I too have not had many periods where I have felt completely normal.  It's been so long now that I'm not really sure what 'normal' feels like.  I have had some periods where I had more energy and felt OK but I've never been able to completely shake all of my chronic symptoms.

I am based in the US so I could possibly pay a visit to Dr. Cahill although I'm on the opposite side of the country.

I'm currently working with a naturalpath who agreed to help order up a Metametrix test as I don't put much faith in the local lab for discovering much.  I've completely given up on gastroenterologists who seem to only want to push PPI's and say it's nothing more than IBS.

I keep positive though that I will get this all figured out at some point.

Quote    Reply   

#105 [url]

Jul 25 13 7:08 PM

Thanks for clarifying, it is hard to remember normal!

Are you in California? If so there are plenty of options for integrative practitioners, especially the Bay Area.

Have you taken the metametrix test yet?

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Jul 25 13 7:11 PM

Hi ebrooker,

My epigastric pains seem to be gone for now.  Over the years I never really had much pain associated with my symptoms.  It was only the last few weeks where I started experiencing the left epigastric discomfort.  It was associated with a bout of diarrhea.  But now it is completely gone.

I have been tested for H Pylori both with a biopsy during 2 separate endoscopies and via a blood and stool tests.

The endoscopy showed short segment Barrett's hence the prescription of PPI's.  I was kind of surprised by the diagnosis because I have never really had any typical GERD symptoms. I stopped taking the PPI's a few months ago but I may go back on them as I've had 3 doctors now tell me that I don't want to risk esophageal cancer.  Before that I had been taking Prilosec for 1.5 years.

I do like the d-limonene which tends to reduce belching and when I do belch it has a nice orange taste. :)  

My naturalpath wants me to try taking apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon in a glass of water before every meal.  Has anyone every tried this?  It's supposed to help with digestion.

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Jul 25 13 7:14 PM

I am located in Oregon.  The Bay area isn't too far away.

I've noticed a definite cyclical pattern to my symptoms.  There are times when I feel OK or that I am getting better and then I experience a crash again and things go (literally) to crap.

I have not taken the Metametrix test yet.  I will probably get the kit sometime this next week.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#108 [url]

Jul 26 13 1:12 AM

The infections can cycle, some blame the moon cycles,  I think it is the life cycles of the parasites in which some of them go through several stages.   Immune system can cycle based on a number of factors.   These are classic symptoms of a GI infection and I suspect you never fully eliminated the infection, cyst forms may have not been destroyed then they wait for opportune times to repopulate via the cyst form into the active form.   

Apple cider vinegar is a fermented food that can help with the gut flora.  Since you are in the Oregon area you might want to look at Dr. Fruehauf's material on Gu Syndrome.  

Test either with Metametrix or ParaWellness (probably would choose PW). 

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Jul 26 13 9:50 AM

Some parasites can survive for around 4 months in the hardy, resistant, cyst form - which is why treatment for Microsporida is that long... wonder the same should be applied for other protozoan infections.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#110 [url]

Jul 27 13 12:34 AM

CDC says that e histolytica cysts can survive 'weeks'.   I did an experiment with Lufenuron which is a chitin destroyer (chitin making up the outer membrane of the cysts), it seemed to give me some relief and need to cycle back on it.   Another user previn did it with the same results, although he did not use antimicrobials with it.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

#112 [url]

Sep 19 13 3:56 AM

Thanks for sharing the link - interesting to see differences in test results.   You might want to consider ParaWellness -  about 5 who received a PPTU from MM got positive identifications on the species.  Most of them are considered to be non-pathogenic which does not take into account subtypes that are pathogenic.  (Subtype identification was unavailable at the time (hope that makes sense)). 

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Sep 19 13 10:05 AM

Please report back on the BioHealth tests. There is a good chance for this lab to be a good alternative. I have read of at least one positive report from a pptu.lefora user from this lab (I wrote about this somewhere in this forum).

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Sep 19 13 12:53 PM

I think I might try that test too.  I'm gonna try to ask my neurologist when I have a follow up appointment with him next week if he can order one assumingi t's not too expensive.  I also have a test from  Meridian Valley labs coming in for parasites. I don't know how it compares to Metametrix but I saw on Curezone it looks like the moderators recommended that lab years ago and it was $70 which is cheaper than some of the other labs and you can also order it without a doctor - http://meridianvalleylab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/CSDA-with-Ova-and-PArasite-x-3.pdf

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Sep 20 13 12:26 PM

Rifaximin is the drug of choice that is used to treat SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) the controversial disorder that was discovered by Mark Pimintel, who wrote "A New IBS Solution".  Interesting book and there may be something to it although some doctors disagree with his conclusions and the fact that many people without gut problems also test positive for SIBO via the hydrogen breath test that he recommends.  Rifaximin is very very expensive, although insurance will pick up the majority of the cost.  I have considered requesting a prescription of this from my doctor as its side effects are minimal since it is poorly absorbed and very little of it makes its way outside the gut and my pain seems to be where my small intestine is located.   

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Sep 20 13 8:17 PM

I had tested positive for SIBO with the hydrogen breath test although the GI doc didn't think I had it and questioned the validity of the lab.  He did give me samples of Rifaximin which as noted above is really really expensive.  It didn't do anything for me.

So one option is to get samples from a GI clinic. Mine only cost me the copay on an office visit.

I'm going to do the BioHealth test and see if I can't put a name on my Metametrix PPTU.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help