Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jan 26 11 4:08 AM

Hi Lineup,

Thanks for the info on  glutathione. I have been buying supplies from Pure bulk, but they  only have a type called Glutathione Reduced 25g for $35.00. Do you not recommend this type? Also could you recommend your supplierof the  lipsomal(spelling) type you are refering too? I am very interested in getting straight on this.I have noticed that my liver support formula has a small amount of it in the mix and I have felt better since being on this. Have noticed a decrease in allergies as well.

Also could you expand on quercetin. It is mentioned in woody's suggested protocol and I have looked at it. Being a potent antioxidant does it have any other specific purpose in protozoa infection and what sort of dosage are we looking at?

Fianlly your reference to SCFA, what oils are in this catergory that i could begin supplmenation with?

Kind Regards

Homer37

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jyt

fanatic

#42 [url]

Jan 27 11 4:42 PM

I mentioned before that HPAC combo given for H.pylori heped me a lot against my PPTU. However because of the shortness of the treatment 1 week, the bug cysts, I believe, grew back.

I found that the PPI Lanzoprazole( antiacid) in HPAC is also a strong Efflux pump inhibitor. That could explain why I felt good on HPAC.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jan 28 11 1:45 PM

Hi,

I'm glad to have found this forum. With all the contradictory information out there about blastocystis, this is very welcome.

My story: In April, 2009 I had a colon resection to remove cancerous polyps on the wall of my intestine. Post-surgery, I began to slowly recover and feel well again, with little stomach upset. Then, 8 months later in Dec., 2009, I began to experience daily nausea and stomach pains and noticed that I was starting to lose weight for no obvious reason. I was referred by my doctor to a gastroenterologist who performed an endoscopy, followed a few weeks later by a colonoscopy. Nothing was found, other than a benign polyp on my colon. A breath test for h pylori came up negative. A series of blood tests, urine and stool samples followed, all showing up negative. I was told that my problem was acid reflux and given a prescription for Nexium. It helped slightly with my acid, but the nausea, stomach pain and weight loss continued. I went to a naturopath who sold me a lot of expensive herbal remedies for digestive problems, such as digestive enzymes. They didn't help. Sometimes my symptoms would lessen or disappear for days or weeks at a time, then suddenly reappear. Finally, after a year I found a doctor who ordered more comprehensive tests, and I tested positive for h pylori and blastocystis. My treatment for those infections is very recent; I just finished taking the triple drug prescription for h pylori, which was Metronidazole/Clarithromycin/Omeprazole. And just today, I began my three-week dose of lodoquinol for the BH. These are a list of my symptoms in full:

Physical:

nausea
stomach pain
gas
bloating
weight loss (30 pounds to date, and I was slim to begin with)
heart palpitations
stomach pulsating
periodic fatigue
skin itchiness
tingling of calves and feet
urinary difficulties (perhaps unrelated)

Mental/Emotional:

anxiety (one of the many doctors I saw said that I was "just suffering from anxiety" I responded that feeling sick to my stomach almost every day for a year produced the anxiety, not the other way around. He wrote me out a prescription for a tranquilizer which I promptly tore up outside of his office)

depression ( I have been so depressed at times with no hope in sight, that I have considered the possibility of suicide)

irritability

feelings of isolation (my physical state has prevented me from going out as often with friends and family, and vacationing as I used to. Life is not as much fun as it was before I began feeling sick)

Since I've just begun treatment, it's too soon to say whether or not these drugs have been effective, though from what I've read here, I'm more hopeful about h pylori being eradicated, than blastocystis.

What I can offer thus far is not a great deal, but this has helped:

Diet.  A couple of weeks after I eliminated dairy, sugar and wheat/gluten from my diet, (I began my new diet 5 weeks ago) I noticed that my symptoms were not as severe. I could get through the day without thinking all the time about my physical ailments.

Meditation. I returned to meditating daily after a long hiatus. This has helped my anxiety and depression, and I find that I think less often of suicide than I did 6 months ago. In my meditation I regularly do a visualization exercise in which I imagine a white light eradicating the parasites in my body. Whether or not this will work on a physical level is unknown, but I find the idea and experience of attacking my aliens within very satisfying. It's my way of telling them daily that they're unwelcome.

Will keep you all updated,

Joseph

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jan 30 11 5:21 PM

jyt - Unless I'm mistaken, I think PPI lanzoprazole may be a proton pump inhibitor (acid inhibitor) rather than an efflux pump inhibitor.  But pleased to hear that it did some good.

Quote    Reply   

jyt

fanatic

#45 [url]

Jan 30 11 6:27 PM

Hi woodie, I hope you are doing OK.

You are absolutey right about Lanzoprazoe that it's a proton pump inhibitor, however, it's used also as a promising Efflux pump inhibitor:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/yqra37by5wfx07y4/

http://aac.asm.org/cgi/content/abstract/45/12/3574

In the second artilcle, you can see that reserpine and verapamil and lansoprazole act as efflux pump inhibitors. The best was reseperine ( works at lower concentration than verapamil and lansoprazole).

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jan 31 11 8:39 AM

I'm using the Florastor, 250mg brand from Amazon. They are more expensive than other brands, but you get what you pay for. It is a yeast, so I'd rec'd staying off anything (pharm or herbal) known to kill yeast.

Quote    Reply   

jyt

fanatic

#49 [url]

Jan 31 11 6:15 PM

Hi woodie,

Yes lanzoprazole is very interesting candidate as an efflux pump inhibitor and it's cheap and has a safe profile. In my case, I took for H.pylori and it helped me tremendously against my PPTU. H.pylori was never the cause of my illness. It's gone after HPAC but I still have the symptoms. The culpit is a PPTU because new MM test showed positive PPTU. Also I believe the shortness of the treatment was not long enough to kill all the cysts ( one week).

So far HPAC helped me a lot but never get rid of the bug. Sweet annie also helped a lot but the bug became resistant to it. caprylic acid helped but the bug became resistant to it also. I took Flagyl for 1 week and I felt bubbles but after that the bug became immuned to it. However when I take Flagyl with Jasmin tea, I can feel the effect of it ( maybe Jasmine tea acts as Efflux pump inhibitor????).

I'm trying to find a lab that can help me to identify the taxonomy of my PPTU but I need some help from MM labs about the primers they use for PPTU. I found one lab in Europe but they require to do the sequencing as a project.

Quote    Reply   

jyt

fanatic

#50 [url]

Jan 31 11 6:53 PM

I forgot to mention that fasting also helped me. I got a very bad die-off reaction when I fast ( muscular pain in my legs and feel something dieng inside my brain). My burping and acid reflux ease when I fast also. The problem with fasting is weight lost. I weigh now 60 kg and I don't want to keep loosing weight.

But Fasting need a very good watch to the important organs like the liver and the kidneys. I don't know if IV nutrution can be helpeful while fasting.

I also realized latelly that melatonin helps me better than all the immune booster I took before ( AHCC, Epicor). I read that it increases the Th1 activity and helps the immune system against some protozoan infections. I took it before sleeping.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Feb 10 11 5:36 AM

I have no been around in here in awhile, and I am glad to see the growth of this forum.  Much kudos to lineup for organizing this and the great wealth of information he has provided to myself, and others.

I tested PPTU for metametrix this past july as well as H. Pylori.  I cleared up the H. Pylori.

I still have some symptoms which include:

- Bloating prior to bowel movements. 
- red rash on palms, lines along palms, sometime indentures in skin prior to bowel movement
- feeling of fatique / mental upset depending on bowel movements
- eye floaters/pain/ stinging around eye
- morning fatigue
- mucus in bowel movements
- erratic bowel movements
- itchy anus

a bit of background - I have tried tons and tons of things over the course of 2-3 years and cleared up many things in the process.

The thing is I have been seeing a kineseologist who tested me for toxicity and houston valve problems (the valves connecting the rectum to the large intestine).  A chinese Dr. also found me to have a toxicity issue - and in fact if I take a hot shower or epsolm bath I get red all over my skin (that goes away) to suggest toxins leaving my body.  These toxins are probably a product of what made me sick and I have confirmed to have had - salmonella, liver flukes, H. pylori, toxic mold appartment.

The kineseologist presses in on my valves and my eyes get clearer and I get more energy.  He also cracks my back and hits some acupuncture points, which suggested to me that the valve problem out of order was the problem and I do not have a parasitical infection.  Yet I have improved, but have lingering effects which are very weird and unexplainable.  I do not think my symptoms anymore go to the extreme of having a parasitical infection, but I am not improving and perhaps I should try something else.

Quote    Reply   

jyt

fanatic

#52 [url]

Feb 10 11 3:44 PM

I have no been around in here in awhile, and I am glad to see the growth of this forum.  Much kudos to lineup for organizing this and the great wealth of information he has provided to myself, and others.
I tested PPTU for metametrix this past july as well as H. Pylori.  I cleared up the H. Pylori.
I still have some symptoms which include:
- Bloating prior to bowel movements. 
- red rash on palms, lines along palms, sometime indentures in skin prior to bowel movement
- feeling of fatique / mental upset depending on bowel movements
- eye floaters/pain/ stinging around eye
- morning fatigue
- mucus in bowel movements
- erratic bowel movements
- itchy anus
a bit of background - I have tried tons and tons of things over the course of 2-3 years and cleared up many things in the process.
The thing is I have been seeing a kineseologist who tested me for toxicity and houston valve problems (the valves connecting the rectum to the large intestine).  A chinese Dr. also found me to have a toxicity issue - and in fact if I take a hot shower or epsolm bath I get red all over my skin (that goes away) to suggest toxins leaving my body.  These toxins are probably a product of what made me sick and I have confirmed to have had - salmonella, liver flukes, H. pylori, toxic mold appartment.
The kineseologist presses in on my valves and my eyes get clearer and I get more energy.  He also cracks my back and hits some acupuncture points, which suggested to me that the valve problem out of order was the problem and I do not have a parasitical infection.  Yet I have improved, but have lingering effects which are very weird and unexplainable.  I do not think my symptoms anymore go to the extreme of having a parasitical infection, but I am not improving and perhaps I should try something else.

-outoftime

Hi,

H.pylori I believe wasnot the cause in your case and in mine. My doctor also said that H.pylori was the culpit. I eradicated it and still I have the symptoms. Most doctors believe that only H.pylori causes acid reflux and dyspepsia. But from the tons of articles I read a lot of protozoa causes dyspepsa and acid reflux.

I believe deeply that H.pylori is innocent in so many cases and the problem is either giardia or other protozoa that can live in the duodenum like BH, Dientamoeba ect.

Did you felt better while on the treatment for H.pylori? I mean your symptoms improved a bit?

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Feb 11 11 8:04 AM

Hi,
H.pylori I believe wasnot the cause in your case and in mine. My doctor also said that H.pylori was the culpit. I eradicated it and still I have the symptoms. Most doctors believe that only H.pylori causes acid reflux and dyspepsia. But from the tons of articles I read a lot of protozoa causes dyspepsa and acid reflux.
I believe deeply that H.pylori is innocent in so many cases and the problem is either giardia or other protozoa that can live in the duodenum like BH, Dientamoeba ect.
Did you felt better while on the treatment for H.pylori? I mean your symptoms improved a bit?

-jyt

Thank you very much for the interesting post.  What protozoa do you think you have and what are you working on?  If you posted it in another place, can you link me to it?

Well I did improve somewhat.  During and right after the H. pylori treatment I had bowel movements of just mucus.  I had an upper endscopy which showed severe stomach inflamation, and some growths, and severe h. pylori.  Multiple metametrix, normal giardia tests, and stomach samples did show giardia so I am confident I don't have that.

The thing that is keeping me from believing I have a protozoa is the amount of improvement that I get from the kineseologist straitening out my valves and his muscle testing.  It really helps.  I do have a toxic syste, and I am working on that, it just - as you know - symptoms  overlap for everything!  So I can just go on treating a blind parasite or hope I have a toxicity issue from the many other problems I had dating back to fall 2008.  This means that in a way the waste somehow gets back into my body before it leaves my body making me sick and more toxic.  (In addition I have a poor functioning liver according to muscle testing as well).

H. Pylori is never the main culprit - H. Pylori gets bad because of physical or emotional stress on the body (emotional triggers the physical).  So something was wrong with you that weakened you to let the H. Pylori take hold.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Feb 11 11 8:19 AM

Also I have little white things in my bowel movements, completely unexplained.

But the good thing is that my bowel movements have become more healthy in a way - I have improved through all of this, if slowly.

Quote    Reply   

jyt

fanatic

#55 [url]

Feb 12 11 6:44 PM

Thank you very much for the interesting post.  What protozoa do you think you have and what are you working on?  If you posted it in another place, can you link me to it? Well I did improve somewhat.  During and right after the H. pylori treatment I had bowel movements of just mucus.  I had an upper endscopy which showed severe stomach inflamation, and some growths, and severe h. pylori.  Multiple metametrix, normal giardia tests, and stomach samples did show giardia so I am confident I don't have that.
The thing that is keeping me from believing I have a protozoa is the amount of improvement that I get from the kineseologist straitening out my valves and his muscle testing.  It really helps.  I do have a toxic syste, and I am working on that, it just - as you know - symptoms  overlap for everything!  So I can just go on treating a blind parasite or hope I have a toxicity issue from the many other problems I had dating back to fall 2008.  This means that in a way the waste somehow gets back into my body before it leaves my body making me sick and more toxic.  (In addition I have a poor functioning liver according to muscle testing as well).
H. Pylori is never the main culprit - H. Pylori gets bad because of physical or emotional stress on the body (emotional triggers the physical).  So something was wrong with you that weakened you to let the H. Pylori take hold.

-outoftime

Hi,

I don't know for sure what kind protozoa do we have but this article can tell a lot about the links between acid reflux and protozoal colitis. The article states that the treatment should be at least 4 to 6 weeks. Also I contacted a parasitologist who told me to take antibiotics for at least 8 weeks and he asked me to increase the frequency of taking the medication ( like 4 times a day insteed of 2 times). Here the article that talkes about the link between protozoa and acid reflux and colitis:

PROTOZOAL COLITIS AS THE AETIOLOGYOF GASTRO-OESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE

JC PATEL*, SV JOSHI**, HL DHAR***
*Former Hon. Physician; **Technical Officer; ***Director, Medical Research Centre, Bombay Hospital Trust,Mumbai 400 020.

Forty four cases attending OPD of Bombay Hospital had symptoms resembling Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). On questioning and examination, it was found that they were having symptoms of colitis which was a possible cause of symptoms like that of GORD. Anti-protozoal treatment given for about four to six weeks gave complete relief. From this observation, it was presumed that protozoal colitis was the cause of symptoms simulating GORD in Mumbai and possibly elsewhere in tropics where protozoal infection is prevalent.

It is suggested that those presenting GORD like symptoms should also be investigated and treated not only by upper endoscopy but also for protozoal infection. Our experience shows that treatment for protozoal infection should be for about four to six weeks.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Apr 14 11 1:38 PM

Hi,

Iā€™m new to the forum, and I had Metametrix testing done last July after suffering from chronic vaginal infections coupled with anal irritation for about 4 years.  The testing showed both H. Pylori and PPTU.

I successfully treated the H. Pylori, but the vaginal / anal symptoms remained.  I have seen many different doctors over the years: multiple gynecologists, dermatologists, infection disease doctors, and a naturopath.  Over the years, I have tried the following medications with no success:

-       Flagyl

-       Doxycycline

-       Alinia (anti-parasitic)

-       Mebendazole (for possible pinworm treatment)

-       Diflucan, Nystatin, etc (for yeast ā€“ probably tried every possible treatment for yeast, both homeopathic and prescription)

-    Triple therapy (for H. pylori)

On top of that, I have drastically modified my diet to cut out all of the following:

-       Dairy

-       Gluten

-       Sugars

-       Starchy vegetables

-       Vinegars

-       Soy

I mostly eat organic vegetables, fruits (very limited), seeds and nuts.  I follow a mostly raw diet now trying to get rid of these symptoms, supplemented with a little meat every week.

I have tried the following homeopathic remedies:

-       Oregano oil

-       Black Walnut

-       Garlic Pills

-       Probiotics

-       Borax vaginal suppositories

-       Herbal anti-parasite cleanses

My symptoms include the following:

-       Anal discomfort (always present) ā€“ it feels more like burning than itching

-       Occasional anal itching

-       Vaginal discomfort

-       Skin discomfort on the outside of the labia running into my upper thighs

-       Frequent vaginal infections (altering BV and yeast)

I can control the yeast to a certain extent through my diet, but the anal discomfort never goes away.  Everything that I read about chronic yeast infections say that they are impossible to clear with a simultaneous parasitic infection.

I have tested negative for diabetes, HIV,  and every immuno condition.

Has anyone tried colon cleansing?  This is next on my list.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#57 [url]

Apr 14 11 10:15 PM

Hi Linda:  Thanks for posting and welcome!   I am trying to think of some things for you... colostrum comes to mind - this will help rebuild the immune responses in the gut which is a prominent in terms of immune response - read a little about it.   

I would suspect that your bowel flora is pretty well disturbed with all that is going on, what did the MM test report in terms of probiotic levels (bifo & lacto) as well as beneficial e coli which is quite important.

in terms of killing pptu you might want to review some of the current protocols.  Two of us are trying the Tanalbit/UA protocol which is quite potent - be very careful that is go slow.   I am trying Warburgia which I have heard is a potent killer of candida and may very well kill the pptu.   I heard from a good source about Pure Herbs S.A. 4 product which has helped Lyme & MS patients.   

Have you been checked for or treated for heavy metals?

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Apr 15 11 12:16 AM

Hi Linda,

This may help. I also had rectal itching for a long time maybe 2 years. I have been diagnosed with Blasto. My thinking is this. Blasto or other protozoa have the ability to suppress your immune system in the G.I, through numerous processes. This establishes an enviroment for yeast and other negative microforms to  overgrow causing these and other symptoms.

I have completely irradicted it now, that is the rectal itching and a lot of my other symptoms although I probally still have the blasto. Things that I beleive have helped me the most with this symptom, although when you take a lot of stuff its hard to be sure.  

1. Fresh ground cloves in 00 capsules 3x3 a day ( start with just one x 3 day)
2. Ozonated water 6-8 glasses a day , this has been amazing  for me, although lineup did not have the same success.
3. Fish oil, 3x3 capsules a day
4. Garlic Oil capsules, not as good as the realthing but I have to live in the real world.
5. Vit D
6. Bi carb soda, 1/2 to 1 tsp with 1/2 to 1 lemon juiced, combine let fizz mix with 250ml of water and drink 2x day, once before bed and once on waking. Alkalises the body. Also make sure you find a Bicarb soda that has no aluminium and don't use baking powder. Bi carb is also known to kill candida.

7. I'm not on it yet but as Lineup mentioned Colostrum seems like a must take.
8. Catsclaw, immune builder
9. Pau d Arco known for its immune building properties and for being used against candida.
10. Lglutamine - Immune builder and aid in rebuilding the G.I mucosal barrier.
12. Lots of vitamin C and Msm
Hope that list might help

I have been doing some of these now for 4-6months and have been continually improving. I am now able to eat pretty much what ever with no symptoms.

Cheers, hope you find a solution soon.

Homer37

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Apr 15 11 5:43 AM

Thanks lineup and Homer!  I will try some of these suggestions.

In terms of the probiotics levels and e.coli shown on the testing, those all came up within normal range!  My health practitioner was surprised (and a little confused by this).  Also, surprisingly to me, I came back as negative for any Candida or any other type of yeast in  my stool.  This makes me thing even more that the parasite is my issue, and not a systemic yeast infection (if those even truly exist).  And to be clear, I have repeatedly been diagnosed with yeast and BV infections by a gynecologist -- I'm not just assuming that it's yeast.

I will look into the Colostrum, although I have a milk allergy, so I'll research that a little more before I try it -- i think that's made from calves milk.

I have tried some of the things on your list, Homer, but not all.  I forgot to mention previously that I have tried Pau d Arco tea, as well as soaking in sitz baths with water and bicarbonated soda.  I never tried drinking the bicarb soda mixture though.  I have also been eating all of the usual candida fighting ingredients very regularly -- raw garlic (I find it's easier to eat mashed with some avocado and lemon - like a makeshift guacamole), cloves, fresh thai coconuts, coconut oil, etc...

Homer, I have most of the things you list in your must try lineup already (i think the only thing i'm missing is the colostrum, ozonated water, and catsclaw), so I will try starting that today.  Do you take all of that together?  Or alternate different things on different days?

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Linda

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 17 11 12:13 PM

Hi guys, I must contribute to this conversation because I also have the rectal itching.
Fortunately, I know exactly what causes it, but it may not be the same reasons others have it.

In my case, there are protozoa which produce sporozoites, much the same way malaria works. In fact, I have been able to provide a pure culture to a lab for DNA analysis, and it turned out  the mitochondrial DNA of the "protozoa" are identical to that of plasmodium falciparum the deadliest form of malaria. Cool huh?

So, if I take a swab of the anus especially after a bowel movement, and check under the microscope, I will be able to see the epithelial cells of the anus with the actual sporozoites in the cells (the adult protozoa & cysts are seen in the periphery). These "zoites" are very very small, about the size of a small bacterium.
There is no way, a lab would identify these, unless they have spent years studying these types of parasites. Even then, they are hard to detect because of the size, and the resemblance to fungal spores.
So, the host cells react to the cellular invasion which causes the itch.
 I think the protozoa is a species found off the coast of South Korea, if I'm not mistaken. It may have only infected because of other latent species from previous infection of malaria.
See how fun these things are!           Shroom

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help