Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

Jul 29 16 1:50 AM

Tags : :

An article about a new concept called Adaptive Homeostasis. Homeostasis is the body's ability to overcome challenges and involves a multitude of functions including endocrine, immune and so on. The author expounds on the idea to bring new insights. Here is one of his comments:

It is now clear that cells and whole organisms make transient and reversible adjustments to their stress resistance or resilience, in response to fluctuating metabolic and environmental conditions, and to exercise. These adjustments in stress resistance can either have a biochemical, post-translational basis, or can depend on alterations in gene expression. 

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0098299716300231

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 1 16 5:39 AM

Here is what I posted from a question I was asked about this on another forum.

NO acts as an antimicrobial agent. It is one of the reasons why I feel that almost all medical conditions are caused by pathogens and their affect on the body. NO directly effects DNA replication through its by products' deamination of DNA during base pairing. This allows for increased chances for epigenetic shifts and when pathogens are involved, you often see low molecular weight thiols like homocysteine get their levels altered by cystathionine beta synthase mutations and MTHFR mutations. This increases S-nitrosothiols and S-nitrosoglutathione which is often bactericidal. Some pathogens have developed defenses against these actions and other genes are modified by the body in an attempt to decrease parasitemia. I left out a lot of steps.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help