Remove this ad

linenup

fanatic

Lead

Jan 14 14 10:03 PM

Tags : :

Acidic vs alkaline  

pH is the measure of acidity with a normal saliva reading being around 7.0-8.0.  pH paper can be purchased for less than $10.   Acidic conditions relate to an increase in pain, mental/emotional issues and low energy.  Some advocate a whole food diet which will lower acidic conditions.  The minerals sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium are used to buffer acidic conditions, so lack of these will increase acidity.  The body will convert these to the bicarbonate form naturally.  Use of bicarbonates can do the job fast in my opinion, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate.  Sodium bicarbonate = baking soda which is cheap and easy to find.  The other two are more difficult to obtain.  The only issue with baking soda is the higher amount of sodium, the link below addresses this issue.    

Here is an excellent post about alkalizing remedies.  http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/alkalizing_formulas.html

I particularly like the fresh lemon recipe.  
(lemon bicarbonate) 

4. LEMON BICARBONATE FORMULA
This simple formula will normalized many biological parameters, pH, ORP, phosphates, bicarbonates and antioxidants of vitamin C. A potential miracle water. One whole lemon freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken twice a day. To be taken once in the morning and once before bedtime on an empty stomach.

Last Edited By: linenup Jan 14 14 10:07 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 15 14 2:43 PM

I take sodium bicarbonate now and then, however I'm also anxious that the body produces acid for a reason - do we really need to be neutralising it? (It's probably worth waiting for at least an hour after eating before taking it)

It's also worth remembering that you can sometimes get a rebound effect, where, if you body feels it needs more acid it will produce more.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 13 14 4:24 PM

Not convinced

I'm not against people believing in the PH of the body. But I can say it is more a myth in science. No serious scientific will take it seriously because the body will never allow any slit change in the ph. Slit change in the PH means death. PH is like the body temperature. It is a paramater that will never change. The only time it changes little bit, is during a heart attack when the body lacks oxygen and the ph becomes more acidic.

Human enzymes cannot work in both extrem pH, acidic or Basic. But then, anyone can do what he believes help me.

yahia

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 18 14 2:10 PM

I think you are right about blood pH, but I think gut pH can be a problem. Also alkalising urine can be useful to more effectively excrete certain toxins.

Brain fog may be playing tricks on me, but I think I read recently that alkaline pH in the gut can cause Candida to morph into its more invasive form. It was in a discussion about using resistant starch to feed friendly bacteria, which leads to a more acidic gut iirc. (On this forum: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-resistant-starch-challenge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 18 14 4:36 PM

Hi Unim,

Actually you are right about gut ph. And the acidic gut pH is the healthier pH. Lactic bactria and butyric bacteria are the healthier bacteria and make the colon more acidic where coloform bacteria like C.difficile or fungus and parasites cannot live. Acidic pH of the gut is also known to prevent cancer.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help