Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 12 13 4:16 PM

Tags : :

Okay a bit of advice will be great, this will be the last time i post in a while as i am gling to try ad focus on a set plan and time to do some serious healing

Dr cahill did a second sigmoidoscopy, and in his words compared to the last time i saw him i look 'incredibly healthy' and found no ova, or charcot crystals. However he did note that my fatigue and brainfog and muscle weekness had remained and said 'i feel you should try a thereputic dosage of paromomycin and docycycline' this time
Double the length of the last dosage 20 dayss, then and the end of this 3 days of tinidazole, then after that 3 days of albendazole!

This is a LOT of antibiotics, and the last time i took paromomycin and doxy i felt like hell, this is double the length! (750mg of paro a day)

So.... Im in a dilema. The reason i may still be sick is that i am recovering from the huge course of anti biotics i took last time. I have barley any bloating these days, and one solid stool a day every morning, occasional mucous, but usually well formed that sinks! (this is compared to pre-meds crazy bloat/floating horrible smelling stools)

Shrimpy thinks i should take 10 days of albendazole, dr cahill says 3, but i have hardly any symptoms indicating helminth. Maybe a good test would be 3 days of albenda to see if this reduces symptoms? If so can people tell
Me if what side effects are like or if it is well tollerated? Also where is a good reliable place to get albendazole online? I could not afford it on private presciption in the states and it is unlicenced in the Uk

What do people think? Bite the bullet and take the meds? Or is this just further pushing back what may just be a long recovery process?

I think hes probably right and i dont have a parasite anymore but if i eat anything remotley carby/starchy i am bedboud with brainfog for days... All so confusing

My options are

1) follow a GAPS style diet - lots of kefir and colostrum for 3 months - if no profgeess is made assume a parasite and take meds

2) test albendazole 3 days if see an improvement do
A course of 10 days then follow GAPS diet

3) take thereputake course of paro and doxy

4) take high dosage 5 days tindazole
Followed by paro and doxy for 10 days (3000mg a day of paro)

What would you oo?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 12 13 4:31 PM

By the way the reason i am ummimg and ahh'ing about taking albendazole is that i have had 3 antibody tests, two with cahill one with the school of tropical medicine in london and not a single one showed up helminth/strongylloid antibodies, but they did show up a 'past ameobic infection' everything points to having had E. hist and eradicating it, so im just wondering why 2 and a half months down the line i'm still feeling kinda crappy!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 12 13 6:52 PM

trickthefox - your dilemma is rather intense!  Here is my humble OPINION.  I may be in a camp all by myself, but I think I would be very cautious in your situation.  It doesn't make sense that you feel best on an anti-fungal if you still have protozoa or some other critter.  And I think I remember you didn't start feeling better until you started diflucan.   Since you already had a secondary fungal infection from drugs, parasites or both, you risk that again with more antibiotics. 

I don't think it is that unusual to still have food issues a few months after treatment, and I think there are other possible explanations besides parasites (for me, it is allergies that I never had before).  If I only felt good on antifungals I think I would keep looking for the reason...perhaps there are some other tests you haven't pursued.  In the meantime, you might add natural antifungals to your healing regimen.  I personally found raw garlic very helpful.  I like that it is antifungal, good for the immune system and a prebiotic for bifidus and other good bacteria.  I put it in broth like in GAPS and in salad dressing.  My husband got used to it!  My last metametrix dna test showed no yeast and I was +4 before that. 

So there's my 2 cents.  I hope others will weigh in too.  Best of luck.

Quote    Reply   

linenup

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jun 12 13 7:38 PM

Good call, you can never go wrong with raw garlic.  The finer the mashing, the more allicin is released.    Will kill most pathogens, reports on it killing MRSA

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 13 13 5:06 AM

By the way the reason i am ummimg and ahh'ing about taking albendazole is that i have had 3 antibody tests, two with cahill one with the school of tropical medicine in london and not a single one showed up helminth/strongylloid antibodies, but they did show up a 'past ameobic infection' everything points to having had E. hist and eradicating it, so im just wondering why 2 and a half months down the line i'm still feeling kinda crappy!"

Tricktheforx, 

Cahill does not do antibody testing, and I am not sure why you say with such confidence you have no helminths. And why you say "but i have hardly any symptoms indicating helminth"? HOw do you know that? have looked up the symptoms of each and every helminth. Even then helminths symptoms are not always listed on websites and research articles.

And NOTE always your antibody tests are correct, and also your body does not show always eosinophilia for helminths. If you think like others that when you take antifungi drugs, and you feel better, it is not BECAUSE of fungai. Fungai is not THE causal agent, contrary to what some keep believing stubbornly on this forum.

If you still have Eh, Cahill's long dose will not work. AT least three people I know took Cahill's 21 days of Parom, low dosage and they never got better. I dont know why on earth you went back to Cahill. I told you he would not find anything. 

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 13 13 5:14 AM

"If I only felt good on antifungals I think I would keep looking for the reason...perhaps there are some other tests you haven't pursued. "

Tilly, come on, and look up so many curezone has believed what you have believed for years, and decades about fungai and what not, and not a single person gets better. And RAW garlic? Have you seen how many people have tried that? 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 13 13 6:25 AM

I don't get my information from curezone.  There is plenty of research on the efficacy of garlic.  Besides, I am merely sharing what has helped me - I didn't say it was a cure.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 13 13 7:30 AM

It is not about getting information from curezone. Live, living, breathing people have tried this garlic nonsense, who posted their stories on curezone and other sites, and it has not helped to get rid of anything. And I am one of them for whom garlic did nothing. It is as good as the (temporary and self-comforting) BELIEF that fungai is the cause of the problems one has. Eating raw garlic is worst on a stomach that is already badly damaged and cannot process and digest food. You seem to be always coming up with suggestions garlic or berberine that always just "helps" you. Why do you assume that what helped you (temporarily) will help someone else because they ALL have the same thing as you? 

RIght, right, I forgot, if people dont' get better after taking EH meds, they all have fungai like you.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 13 13 8:53 AM

Lineup, i'm sure as moderator you are going to ask nosekara to moderate the tone of these posts. No one who comes on here looking for information advice and or guidance needs to be spoken to that like that. One of the reasons I really like this forum is the polite helpful supportive tone of the forum under Lineup's moderation. Please give the condescending nasty tone a rest.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:07 AM

Nosekara, cahill took bloods to test for antibodies to be sent off to a lab and checked my white red bloods etc, wheather or not this was extensive im not sure but the tropical diseases center in london did deffinitely take antibodies for all parasites, including ameoba, CAP tests, iFAT testing, the best tests in the world as far as bloods are concerned, helminth and strongyloid serology both negetive - i have also never seen what resembles a worm in my stoo, i have spoken to two of the worlds best parasitologists to date - cahill, chiodini and both have told me my symtoms are not that of a helminth or strongyloid infection so i am not sure why you're convinced it is. Before you told me E hist was 100% my problem and you used to praise cahill as the best in the world, now you have change your mind and call him an idiot, youve given me a lot of conflicting advice which is why i'm so uncertain about what bits to listen to. This is why i am so apprehensive to try albendazole which upon further reading has a bunch of nasty side effects.

I am not trying to prove you wrong but i think it is dangerous to just throw drugs at the problem until it goes away because my problem may not be the same as yours! Can you name a parasite that causes minimal bloating, no dioreah/constipation, no intestinal cramps, but lots of brain fog and fatigue and food intollerence? That improves with fluconazole? Or does this problem sound more like leaky gut, candida or SIBO or possibly an issue with the urea cycle (my bloods have always shown high urea, the only abnormality to date)

The reason i went back to cahill is because now
Wolfe has retired he seems like the best guy in the world for letting me know the E histolytica which i had was gone. I didnt want to rely on stool testing, but i needed a piece of mind. I no longer have charcot crystals, bloating, or loose stools and cahill said it looked very healthy where the sun dont shine. I think that it is pretty good indication that hte e hist is gone

All very confusing though and while you get frustrated very easily, i love you to bits for the amount of help you give people on these forums, even if you hate my guts haha and you may just end up being right

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:30 AM

Sorry you think it is a nasty and condescending tone, but I am not sure where you were when others were saying quite vulgar things on the forum, asking the moderator to moderate. Very frankly  it is quite dangerous when people keep saying suggesting things that people have tried for many many decades and still remain ill. And the forum in that way is turning into what  the Curezone's forums past looked like.  One must be responsible to suggest things on the forum, and just merely say whatever one wants, for the sake of making one's opinion being heard may sound quite "democratic," but that does not help people except keep them wandering and ill, without knowing what they have in the first place. All I am saying is one is never an "example" for others, and proper testing is key, and no universal cures  are applicable to people whose conditions we have no clue about (from a distance).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:40 AM

One of the most obvious answers may be what cahils receptionist said, she said the longer you have suffered the longer you will take to heal, now i could have been suffering for about 7 years when i think back but only noticed it affecting me to the point of depression about 5 years ago, so maybe i need a few more months. I took a lot of meds - paromomycin, tinidazole, nitaz, diloxanide, doxy, secnidazole, bactrim which all
Add to the damage caused by an ameoba. Maybe 2 and a half months isnt nearly enough time to heal

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:53 AM

cahill took bloods to test for antibodies to be sent off to a lab and checked my white red bloods etc, wheather or not this was extensive im not sure but the tropical diseases center in london did deffinitely take antibodies for all parasites, including ameoba, CAP tests, iFAT testing, the best tests in the world as far as bloods are concerned, helminth and strongyloid serology both negetive - i have also never seen what resembles a worm in my stoo, i have spoken to two of the worlds best parasitologists to date - cahill, chiodini and both have told me my symtoms are not that of a helminth or strongyloid infection so i am not sure why you're convinced it is. "

Tickthefox, 

I am the last one to suggest to you or anyone that they should just try any medications.  I have repeatedly told here and elsewhere that one must be tested first, based on the best doctors's recommendations I have received, but tests are limited to say the least, as we know. And And this is why for example that even Wolfe does not trust any and every lab to blood-test for parasites, and instead send out blood tests to CDC. This is when when he can send out blood tests to local labs like Quest in DC, but he does not trust them. Most local labs are not competent to find helminths, nemotodes, etc. And this is why and when Wolfe and the European doctor say that people should to be treated "empirically."  They all know how hard it is find parasites.

YEs, I did praise Cahill earlier, that is, UNtil I found out that that this guy keeps finding EH and everyone, and the vast majority of people dont get better with his treatments. And they end up going to other doctor's like Wolfe.  One learns the hard way, sadly. You asked me a question, about drugs, and I made a suggestion, and you are free to take it or not. So please by all means dont take Albendazole. But obviously even Cahill has no clue about what you have, and this is why he even "threw" albendazole at you this time, and is now asking you take some long course of Paromo. Is that not right? He also guessing now. So all this is to say, even Cahill is treating you empirically. If you had Eh, (even that I dont know and even Cahill is not even sure about it),  and if you got rid of it,  but if you are still, something is going... (but I am not even sure if you took the right dosage for EH.) The question of course is whether it is a parasite or something else. If labs did not find what you have, and you (like Cahill) still think you have a parasite, then the labs you tested with including the london tropical lab, is quite simply wrong. So you MAY have a helminth (this is why perhaps Cahill gave you Albendazole for 3 days?). By the way, I have heard from several now who went to London tropical lab, with no success at all. That lab is as bad as any other.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 13 13 11:14 AM

Yeah, i see what you mean! The reason cahil prescribed 3 days of albendazole was because i asked for it. He gave me a slightly worried look but said if i really wanted to i could try it. I think i have made up my mind about what i am going to do. I am going to give it 3 more months. A healing diet with scientically proven healing substances like colostrum and lactoferrin then plea ty of kefir, if i see no improvement i will try the albendazole, if still no improvement after that i will take the paro and doxy again at the 10 day dosage of 3000 mg paro a day. In the meantime i have an appointment next month woth a gasteroenterologist to rule out H pylori, crones and SIBO.

Thank you all for being so supportive and may we all find a cure :)

As of today i am banning myself from forums and researching and focusing on living and healing

Hopefully the next time i write here will be full of positivity and answers, im sure it will :)

Strength and love!

Ren

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:09 PM

Can you name a parasite that causes minimal bloating, no dioreah/constipation, no intestinal cramps, but lots of brain fog and fatigue and food intollerence? That improves with fluconazole? Or does this problem sound more like leaky gut, candida or SIBO or possibly an issue with the urea cycle (my bloods have always shown high urea, the only abnormality to date)

-trickthefox

Microsporidia? It doesn't cause as much inflammation as other parasites. And MAP is still a possibility imo.

But yeah, leaky gut, sibo, could be your problem too.

With regards to RAW garlic, I have found it to be one of the few things that has helped with some of my symptoms (really bad headaches). So definitely give that a go BUT start easy, as it can irritate the gut. I used to have one piece of organic raw garlic with each main meal - and sometimes used to mash it into a drink.

GAPS is definitely worth a go - then once you've been on that and symptom free for a while you can introduce other foods and see how you get on. Kefir is excellent as well. Also try Sauerkraut and it's juice. 

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 13 13 2:30 PM

Microsporidia? It doesn't cause as much inflammation as other parasites."

I agree with Ebrooker. I would add that one thing that one has to be really careful after one takes lost of medications is cryptosporodium and Microsporodium, which most healthy people "dont" get but only those who have weakened immune systems. I would strongly recommend that people who who take meds for parasites be very very careful with what they eat particularly outside;  avoid hamburgers, etc. only very very soft well cooked food.  And no raw cheese etc! Because the slightest amount of bad bacteria that most healthy people can handle can severely damage the people who have had parasites for sometime. If the parasite is gone, one is still bereft of so much good bacteria, even if one still feels great. But one has to be sure the parasite is GONE, but one will know for sure when it is GONE, and the difference between a parasite and opportunistic bacteria. 

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 13 13 3:03 PM

Hi trickthefox, I have exactly the same symptoms as you and nystatin/diflucan helped me at times but I think it overloads me with die off and subsequently makes me worse. Recently I was diagnosed by Dr d'Angelo at Parawellness with:

Dientamoeba fragilis trophozoites (protozoa) – many
Iodamoeba butschii cysts (protozoa) – few

If you look at Dientamoeba fragilis on badbugs.org all comments mention brain fog, food intolerance etc.

Maybe try a test with Parawellness if you can.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 13 13 5:08 PM

Microsporidia? It doesn't cause as much inflammation as other parasites."
I agree with Ebrooker. I would add that one thing that one has to be really careful after one takes lost of medications is cryptosporodium and Microsporodium, which most healthy people "dont" get but only those who have weakened immune systems. I would strongly recommend that people who who take meds for parasites be very very careful with what they eat particularly outside;  avoid hamburgers, etc. only very very soft well cooked food.  And no raw cheese etc! Because the slightest amount of bad bacteria that most healthy people can handle can severely damage the people who have had parasites for sometime. If the parasite is gone, one is still bereft of so much good bacteria, even if one still feels great. But one has to be sure the parasite is GONE, but one will know for sure when it is GONE, and the difference between a parasite and opportunistic bacteria. 

-nosekara

I am beginning to think that microsporidia is more widespread than we think, and that it only activates itself when the host's immune system is compromised or weakened.

Take a look at this and how bacteria (&protozoa?) communicate: http://pptu.lefora.com/2013/04/18/how-bacteria-communicate-could-protozoa-do-the-sam/

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 14 13 6:10 AM

Nosekara,  I'm not sure where I was either when people were saying nasty and vulgar things on the forum, but rest assured if I had seen that, I would have said something.  I'm not the moderator and so aren't on this forum all the time.  I appreciate the information you bring to the table and your perspective.  I read your comments with great interest, as I suffer from what I believe is a chronic cryptosporidium infection as well as resultant candida and bacterial intestinal over growth.  I have an immune defect, so that explains some of it.  My only point was related to the tone of the post....I wouldn't characterize someone explaining how using lots of raw garlic had seemingly helped them as "dangerous", but I understand your point about one is never an "example" for others, and proper testing is key, and no universal cures  are applicable to people whose conditions we have no clue about.  None of us have much  of a precise clue about what we have, (although granted some have had positive tests for a particular parasite) and this forum exists for suggestions and advice.  None of us are Doctors either, so I think we all already know that every piece of advice on here needs to be  scrutinized and filtered through each of our own thoughts, opinions, opinions of our Docs ect.   My point was I feel it's important to keep the tone as positive as possible.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 14 13 6:21 AM

Trick the fox, Is it possible that the parasite is now gone, and that's why some of your symptoms have improved?  I do believe candida alone can cause the symptoms you describe.  I've been on diflucan for 2 years, if I go off, the candida comes back.  I still have a parasitic infection as well, but the candida causes intense fatigue, brain fog, pains in my neck and back when untreated.  The diflucan keeps it under control, and I don't really have candida symptoms anymore if I'm careful about what I eat.  At times I wonder if taking the diflucan has promoted the bacterial overgrowth I have, but I had both infections simultaneously two years ago, before starting difulcan or any meds, and neither infection has completely gone away.  I should mention again that I have a genetic immune defect and that complicates matters substantially, but I think may people who suffer from parasitic infections for a long time develop immune issues as well, so I'm not so different from many on this forum.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help