I found this forum by way of CureZone and am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of information I've been taking in lately. I was hoping to get some advice from you all on here who have probably been at this longer than me.
Through the Genova CDSA test I found that I had a +2 result for yeast/fungi of unknown taxonomy and a positive result for "parasite present; taxonomy unknown" a couple years ago. My symptoms mainly involve the skin -- dryness, itchiness, dandruff, etc. I got my PCP to prescribe fluconzole at one time and this completely got rid of my symptoms (for 2 weeks, then it came back). At the time I did not follow any anti-candida diet or make other changes and I believe that was my mistake, along with a treatment that wasn't long enough. I recently came into contact with some mold in some leaf mulch and now have continuous peeling of the skin on my hands and feet. That was the last straw.
I've decided to attack this full on with all my will. I am currently following a candida protocol put forth by a member of the curezone forums and it is working very well for me. It involves a low-carb/suger anti-candida diet, gut healing supplements, bio-film enzymes, and anti-fungal herbs/drugs (including nystatin) followed by pro/prebiotics. It's a lot of pills to take every day, the diet is not easy, and the enemas take a lot of my time. Needless to say it is difficult but worth it so far. 10 days in and my symptoms are reduced greatly.
I have done a lot of reading on parasites since then and am worried that this PPTU diagnosis on my lab results could be harboring the fungus. If I spend 3-6 months trying to eraddicate the fungus only to have it come right back because I still have a parasite that brings it back? I'm not even sure if that can happen but from what I've read it seems they can work synergystically together. I read the guide to interpreting the CDSA results in this forum and noticed it said that if you get a PPTU you should attack the other things first and maybe things will just balance out. Is that the general advice of this forum as well? I would hate to waste 6 months of my life (and a lot of money) on trying to treat my fungal overgrowth and have to do it all over again because I missed something like this parasite.
I'm sorry this is long winded. I appreciate any advice on how to proceed. Incorporate a parasite cleanse in wtih my current protocol? Wait until I'm done with the anti-fungals and see what happens? Pay a bunch of money for a better protozoa analysis test? Thanks in advance.
Last Edited By: Funguy Oct 23 15 8:47 AM. Edited 1 time